Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Fedded - the list

Started by CRLF [2095076] on in Graveyard.

96 replies · 3.34k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 97 / 97 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

dakoolnoob [1101365]
The word you're looking for is entitlement. You think the Torn community is entitled to CRLF generating her reports or posting on her thread.

Many people may disagree with her views on the SMTH issue but that doesn't mean that she's suppose to be a slaving away generating reports, after all, she did basically all the work to even make the original thread what it is.

The idea that people can't have opinions, even if they may be wrong is laughable. This is a game, if you don't feel happy playing it and get a bunch of complaining whingers that haven't contributed anything, what's the point.
RedBud [2053144]
Make a new fedded thread because players were commenting about possible of the biggest fedded cases in Torn in a long time on the original fedded thread. Sounds legit.

Grave this shit already.

*edit: Polarbear disliked your post Fedded - the list & EmeriX disliked your post Fedded - the list
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
I don't understand the purpose of two threads other than one just isn't going in the direction that you want it to? That's not really up to you to dictate? Its general discussion, not general list of things that cannot be discussed. I'd be inclined to grave this honestly unless there's a reasonable argument that can be made for having both?
dakoolnoob [1101365]
You're welcome to make your own thread and generate the fed reports there. It seems clear that CRLF is only going to post the generated fed reports on here.

Just to be clear, I 100% believe that a whole bunch of SMTH members are multis, especially on the subs and are likely going to be fedded if they haven't already been. The issue I believe is that there has already been a separate thread for the SMTH issue, and it keeps spilling over to the main fed thread.

With all this being said, the other thread is just not gonna be the same without those reports. CRLF is probably the only person in Torn that has the skills and ongoing dedication for it, hence why the original thread was created by her.

Even if this thread is graved, it's still up to CRLF to keep up the work in the other thread, and it's unlikely that she will if it's a bunch of people demanding that it happens. That's not how it works. Just for context, I maintain the most up to date RW bonus range database, the one the wiki is based off of, if I was forced by the community to keep doing it rather than for my own enjoyment, I'd delete everything and let some other whinger do it. It's hard work and a game is for enjoyment, not a second job where the Torn community is your micro-managing boss.

I don't see why the other thread can't just be discussion around feds posted by the community and this thread to be just reports generated by CRLF? They seem to be 2 separate things now.
RectumRaider [1454569]
This is just 3 threads talking about the same thing. Who would think posting a copy of the last thread generate anything different? Isn't that just insanity
RedBud [2053144]
I won't argue or debate you on this. I'm adult enough to agree to disagree on things. I'll just simply share what Bogie said just a few comment up. Surely you read that. But in case you missed it...

I don't understand the purpose of two threads other than one just isn't going in the direction that you want it to? That's not really up to you to dictate? Its general discussion, not general list of things that cannot be discussed. I'd be inclined to grave this honestly unless there's a reasonable argument that can be made for having both?
Ygaria_Varr [2811829]
I found this add on to be both confusing and counterproductive.

Many threads on this forum get derailed.

Making more threads on the same subject and hoping that they won't be is probably not the way to go.

Have you thought of issuing fed lists without commenting for a while?

Explaining or discussing the workings of SMTH, which you have tried to do, isn't doing your previous thread any favours, it only adds to the derailment.

In many ways your fed threads are a Torn Public Service, but your opinions are opinions, just like everyone else's. Once you show any kind of bias for, or against, any faction, fedded or not, your thread
will develop accordingly from the input of other posters eager to express their own opinions.


Also this is GD, and threads develop lives of their own and wander where they will....
dakoolnoob [1101365]
Unfortunately, I am not bogie and therefore I don't share the same views that he does 100% of the time. I agree with almost everything he does, but it doesn't resolve the core issue that it's really up the CRLF to have the upkeep for the thread. You quoting him doesn't mean anything to me, as an adult, I can form my own worldview.

Feds are a pretty broad topic, even with feds, there are multiple reasons for fedding and for different durations. All I'm saying is that there doesn't need to be 1 single thread for such a wide topic. I don't see why the other thread can't just be a community thing now, as it is clear that the other thread has morphed into something larger, and this thread to be where all the data that CRLF herself generates? It's obvious that you can't force someone to generate the API reports, and the other thread is likely not going to get any further report updates unless CRLF decides to do so?
RedBud [2053144]
Ok if you insist I will entertain you with a reply. I didn't see it needed. What Bogie said summed up my thoughts, and he said it far better than I will I'm sure. And BTW I'm not Bogie either. Nor am I any part of staff. I read forums like you do with no ability to edit threads, delete them, move them to correct forums, or anything. I can only edit my own posts. However, I do agree with what he said. Your reply probably should of been to him to plead not to delete it as he is the one with the power to do so. Not me. Funny you seemed to only single me out of everyone one who also thinks this thread is un needed. But I digress. You do you boo.

TDLR: I won't argue or debate you on this as I'm no the one who decides what gets graved and what does not.
dakoolnoob [1101365]
Don't actually give a shit if he graves this thread or not lol. Life moves on, it'll just move on without the API reports from CRLF, which will be a loss to the community. I'm not gonna plead to bogie to save CRLF, it will be a loss to Torn as a whole, not myself personally.

I just find it funny that people like yourself didn't read what CRLF posted, which is that the other thread will remain as is, and only this thread gets the report updates. I'm personally happy that the reports are generated in the first place, if not for myself then for other people that are curious. If you're gonna demand that this thread gets graved and get your pitchforks out, get ready for the eventual outcome of there not being API reports generated at all.

You keep saying you won't argue or debate me but you're quoting me with a reply anyways? If you don't wanna entertain me with a reply, then don't lmao.
Wollongong [12833]
While you are correct that no threadstarter has a right to "dictate" where a thread is going, you need to keep into account that a LOT of work is going into some projects. That should be enough of a reason to allow people who do put in that kind of effort to start afresh when they feel their intentions are compromised.

Otherwise, you'll get yet another burnout....

We've seen it soooo many times before... valuable guides: gone. Fun vloggers: gone, Fun contests: gone....

Please keep that in mind.
dark95 [2321537]
Are you implying that some people should get special treatment just because of their hard work for torn?


Its simple, if he feels the old thread is compromising his intentions, grave the old one and keep the new one.