Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Fedded - the list

Started by CRLF [2095076] on in Graveyard.

96 replies · 3.34k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 97 / 97 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

RedBud [2053144]
I realize CRLF is the one who has been running them. I never once said that it wasn't appreciated or served a purpose did I? If so, please provide a link, proof, or something. The fedded thread is one of the few threads I often read and try to stay up on myself. Not sure what my opinion of not needing 2 running threads about feds equals no more API fed reports. If that's true, that means CRLF will stop running reports if this thread gets deleted? Some might call that extortion but I'm not an expert. It's acting like a child nonetheless. But don't try to put words into my mouth or imply a damn thing. "people like yourself didn't read" bla bla bla. You talking out your ass now, and reaching for straws. I read it, and I disagreed with it. What's the problem? I won't lose any sleep if this thread doesn't get graved. If it does, it won't be graved by me. That's the part you seem to not grasp here. Nor have any pitchforks. As you said life moves on. LOL I'll live just fine either way. But I will always state my opnion.

I only quoted you to reply to what you said to me. My initial reply was meant to quote Pops, but clearly i foked up there. And so regret it now after wasting a few brain cells on this lol. But I see you're the type that REALLY needs the last word. This will be my last reply to you. Feel free to reply back. I promise I won't. That way you will win.
ZOMB13 [1795241]
It's almost as if talking about fedding smth members is on topic when the f**king thread is about fedding so no warnings are required
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Discussing a fedded account and series of accounts in a thread about fedded accounts isn't derailing. If CRLF wants to make lists that no one comments on then they should just post it on their profile signature. This board is called general discussion, as I said, not general lists. It feels that this is less about wanting to post fedded accounts for transparency sake but more about wanting to flex about making data dumps...
Wollongong [12833]
I suppose that is one possible interpretation. I prefer to see it as weighing the contribution made to the community when determining a staff response.

Otherwise, you get what we have. Dead forums, full of repetitive crap and the occasional flare up when there is talk of Easter Eggs, Elimination or some other annual event.

Right now, it's a standard pattern: someone is enthusiastic and starts a project. It takes off, surprising the initiator and causing serious workload. Then, inevitably, some idiot shows up thinking he is funny (or just someone who knows they're being a dick), ruining the fun of the project.

The initiator may go on a bit longer, but burns out, and the community suffers from losing yet another fun event.

Some names that pop up:
Kata News
URT (original)
endless lists of newspapers
the aforementioned tutorials everyone relied on
several fansites

you may like these, or may not like it. That is irrelevant. What matters is that a diversity of events keeps more people happy in the game.

Also: your last paragraph... isn't that exactly what CRLF is doing?
dakoolnoob [1101365]
Does it really matter in the end if the data dumps generate discussion?

It seems like a chicken and egg problem, her lists will always have people commenting and therefore will have people discussing it. I know there is an argument for creating multiple threads on the same topic, but CRLF has made it clear that she will not be posting those reports on the other thread, so there isn't any overlap.

The other thread should be kept for the community as it is clear that there are various regular contributors there that keep the thread going and this thread should be for her lists. After all, no-one can force her to post the lists on there.
Leafeh [467479]
It's called throwing your toys out of the pram after not getting your way.

A third thread is just petty. So is threatening to quit if the forums don't bend to your will. And to some that's a threat of a good time, so massively counterproductive.
dark95 [2321537]
Also: your last paragraph... isn't that exactly what CRLF is doing?



Its actually quite the opposite. His last post on the other thread is this:

I have updated the OP to indicate that I will no longer publish to this thread, and I changed the name to Fedded Archive. Feel free to continue your discussions, or make your own fed reports here.

I will be continuing my Fedded API reports on a new thread. It's been a good run! Best of luck.
If he requests to grave the other thread and keep this one im all cool with it, but the part: feel free to continue your discusions or make your own fed reports here makes no sense if theres 2 threads

On the other hand, CRLF was gone for months when he quit playing and the thread kept going without his presence (not the sheets, but the forum thread) so I don’t see any links to other threads dying you mentioned.
Ryukendo [2167036]
Staff has already mentioned that thread won't be graved even at CRLF request. It's now a public thread which keeps on going which public inputs time and again. So not really OP can have it graved.
Herodotus [1670169]
CRLF: "Hey, made a separate thread so that my long-running project doesn't get derailed. It doesn't serve the threads main purpose if any new Fed that isn't SMTH just gets lost in the mix"

Everyone else: "HOW DARE YOU!?!?!"

Dickish would be assuming that people who downvote you are cheaters. What sort of ding-dong would do that?
Xakhan [2574177]
Is that staff that produces the burnout though? Wouldn't it rather be the 'surprising workload' more than staff - Torn Underground for example is a pretty significant content provider, staff have seemed very supportive there
dark95 [2321537]
Wonder how they are expecting this one not to be derailed in the future though XD

ITS ALREADY DERAILED xD
Wollongong [12833]
Well...
grave or just don't look at it anymore seems similar to me :)

And the links to stuff I was referring to are gone (or hard to find)...that is exactly my point!
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Is that not the same point I made? They do generate discussion, I'm somewhat confused that OP is taking issue with this - what else did they expect and who are they to tell people what to do with the data?

At what point does it end though, do we just have people reposting their threads endlessly because the narrative that's evolved doesn't go how they want it?

Ironically OP's own actions here have actually made it worse as a result, full Streisand effect.
Wollongong [12833]
No. Well...most often it isn't staff. It is the community.

My call is that staff should keep the toxicity of community-elements into account when responding to whatever you wanna call these kind of things (incidents? Situations? Reports... I dunno), of which CRLF is just an example.

Of course... THIS thread is now being hopelessly derailed... also by me...