Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Question about being mugged.

Started by NPC404eRr0r [2893833] on in Questions & Answers.

7 replies · 359 views · thread synced · 12 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
15
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100
NPC404eRr0r [2893833]
Hello everyone, I'm a noob player and I want to ask a question. Is it normal to get mugged by high level without reason or is there a mission for mugging? I'm not complaining, just want to make sure is it normal in this game, because I just get mugged thrice, two is during faction war (when in other faction, but I can't see who mugged me whether it is during war and now) and one is few hours ago with no reason. Everyday I only log in for a few minutes spending Energy for attacking (sometimes) offline player (1000+ days away) and workout in gym and Nerve for crime, never messed with anyone else, but still lost 30k in total, although money doesn't matter to me at all now, I still want to ask.
Sorry for the bad English, my main language is not English and I rarely visit forums.
Fumbles [2800112]
yes, as Ember said, it's normal, people have you on their lists as you don't log in very often, you a levelling target for others
fitzsuffices [1544976]
Yes you will be attacked often at lower levels. You probably didn't do anything wrong, it's just part of the game.

Keep training every day and get stronger. Hide your money in your faction's vault or other places so muggers don't have a reason to attack you. Keep a low profile and don't make anybody angry. Eventually the attacks will stop.

Good luck!
Sidgar [1828507]
keep training, don't keep much money on hand. attackers will find it harder to defeat you and they won't get any money from you so you'll see less attacks
Triarius22 [2763264]
Everything you do pubically, even posting this, can attract unwanted attention.

If players are mugging you for cash, the best thing you can do is have as little cash on you as possible. `If you buy points, kittens, cars, etc these things can store value and not be taken from you. Once you start traveling you can make a lot more $$$, and if you hold it on you, you will be mugged even more. But even then, you will likely gain more than you lose. Stick with it, and eventually, you will be able to afford a property with a vault. Often I have ZERO dollars on me so the muggers just waste their e and get nada. I'm probably "high level" to you but to the other 95% of the players here I'm an easy low-level target. . . but they get little to nothing from me and move on.

Players may also be attacking you to level up. These players may mug but often don't as leaving you in the street helps them a bit more.