Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

New Event System

Started by mavri [2402357] on in General Discussion.

112 replies · 3.22k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 113 / 113 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
113
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
47 / 100
Story score
66 / 100
Engagement score
81 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

mavri [2402357]
[image: images.mavri.dev]

Here before "I liked the old system more this one's shit".
Anyways, I find it a lot cleaner than before, but it'll definitely need some getting used to. Share your thoughts below I suppose :p
LordMizak [2672115]
As events delete themselves, now information will gradually be lost and we have no control over it.


I love the streamlining of the new system, but being unable to delete events sucks balls..

And yeah.. not to mention sifting through the multitude of events that were already deleted. Lovin' it
Ac3to [2196357]
Glad I'm nearly done buying losses... it may be niche but I was deleting events as I paid them. With this system it would be so much harder to keep track of who I paid!

Being able to mark or hide events (if not delete them) would be useful. I guess they could be 'saved'...?

The search bar only seems to find full words which is annoying.

With the old system I would type in username, select + delete all, pay that quantity, then do the next one. I've been doing this for nearly a month lol.

Guess I'll have to manually track + count the last couple hundred. Bah!
HerpSac [2117255]
might as well remove the events page completely, it looks almost identical to the logs page, whats the point in having two? would save the little server hamster even more exercise.
LordMizak [2672115]
Keeping track of data, especially old data that we cannot find anymore and may have wanted to keep, is pretty much done. But now we have two methods of tracking all the logs. Redundancy. Fantastic.
Private_Joker [2488283]
Some things are not listed on logs page...
For me this change is welcomed, maybe i will be able to finally count how many wars i won and lost...
Senhawk [585795]
100% this. The only reason the Events section holds any weight is due to its notification system. Which I'm sure could be incorporated into the logs, perhaps with Bell icons on those events to show which ones produced the notification. Perhaps in the future this could be done, with the end goal of allowing players to control the notifications received on events they really care about (idk).
Bumfluff [969606] Wiki Contributor
You can ‘Star’ specific events (previously saved events) if there are particular events you wanted to keep for easy access and save scrolling through.

Good update, and anything that removes stress from databases can only be good in getting the game to run more smoothly.
Ac3to [2196357]
Yes, I don't agree with his statement that "There should never be any need to delete any events". The log page keeps all events, there's no need to keep both lists full!

Was a good way to sort them when needed. But I suppose it's a minority opinion.
Ilmatar [641520]
now im drowning in shit events i dont care about, yeah i can still keep track of important ones... but.. the sheer amount of irrelevance makes it a little hard to navigate.