29 replies · 1.65k views · thread synced · 4 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:30 / 30 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
30
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
42 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Whisper[1828766]
· 19 likes · so some of us play for the social side of torn, not the fancy blue name and the paying for stats with real money your not special, just cheds simp again can you tell us how torn was like, without …
megalomaniacal[1542618]Committee
· 18 likes · I had a few interactions with Sharkey, all of which were exceptionally pleasant, but this is the epitome of f**k around and find out.
Im new and was unlucky enough to earn a bit of his ire about 2 weeks before he was banned.
Imagine playing this game for years and years and years, obsessing the way he obviously has and then get permanently booted. I know he was a bad guy but that must be emotionally destroying him in real life….
Im certainly not condoning his actions but he must be devastated.
to explain more, I mean in the sense that forums = content, and player experience; wiki = information, and facts; bogie = all staff under him that help moderate the game, and ban cheaters
without all of this, many many more harassers would go unchecked, and many many more noobs would never learn the game
Hardly the oldest account to get perma fedded. Dude seemed to hate everyone in the game, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't just start bullying kids on Reddit instead
If you see some of the stuff people post about him it may paint a different picture. Seem that he is friendly to all the people who are stronger than him. Anyone who is weak if they do not show any respect will be targeted. And that sharkey has gone out of his way to provoked a lot of newbies.
Sharkey should have just bountied and that's it. If they felt the need to break rules then that's their problem and no one elses. I do admit that I once felt the heat from Sharkey and it wasn't pleasant, but I knew it was legit and that was that. I complained multiple times in private message and also bountied him (lol), which then made it worse as you can imagine. But the end result was we eventually made a mutual agreement.
Yes he is probably devastated, as would anyone who has invested time, emotion and many other things into Torn, but again if you willingly push it, then don't expect no punishment in the long run from staff.
So play within the rules, have fun and enjoy the ride!
Quite the opposite from my experience, I was sub 500 days when I came across Sharkey and his spouse Nepy. Both incredibly pleasant and helpful, more so to my ex wife (rl not torn) than myself, never had a bad interaction with either. Just a shame it went a step too far (again)