Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Virus Coding Icon

Started by QueenOfNothing [2746730] on in Suggestions.

3 replies · 57 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
18
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
42 / 100
QueenOfNothing [2746730]
I consistently forget that my virus coding ended. It’s a passive thing like education, and I think it would be helpful to have a little icon that shows whether you have one in process or not.

For players:

Pros: Keep track of virus coding

Con: I don’t know

For developers:

Pros: I don’t know I’m not a developer

Cons: might take some work.


Argument to con: you get paid for that work
BehattedLlama [2853473]
This thread just reminded me that my virus coding ended yesterday afternoon and I made a mental note to start a new one and... didn't. This would be helpful. Bonus points if you make viruses consumable so that you need a new one each time you commit the crime, because right now they are a one-and-done sort of thing with very little purpose aside from merit hunting.
Night_Witch_588 [2866434]
I have a feeling that's been an idea pushed onto the backburner to focus on more salient aspects as there may be a majority of players that merely don't bother coding viruses currently
stax [1132977]
R+ because I like it, but I think this thread is a waste as this was already proposed exactly and reached the 250+ threshold

Ched responded and said:

It's not a major aspect of the game, it's tiny. I can't believe that there's people requesting an icon to be dedicated to this, that baffles me - there's already too many icons.

Even if there was more demand for this, I really don't think it's in the community's best interest to divert development resources into rebuilding this old virus system which we plan to entirely remove in the future anyway. In its current form, there's no technical way to simply 'add an icon', it'd need to all be remade.

So in conclusion... Virus programming is so insignificant, it should not be given its own permanent icon. Even if we wanted to, the resources we'd need to dedicate to this would not be worthwhile.

Thanks.

Mentions: [300+R] Icon for Virus Programming