27 replies · 730 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:28 / 28 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
28
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
35 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
bogie[148747]Admin
· 20 likes · No it wouldn't, it would split our resources and lead to dwindling player bases on both servers. Server 1 has no real new player influx, they just join the other one, and server 2 has less retention because there is …
Okay, before I start this is all hypothetically speaking.
I was wondering if a second city opened up would you jump on board? I am thinking along the lines of being identical to Torn with all of Torns current features.
You would be able to play it alongside this one but not transfer any cash, items or anything. You would need to be able to port your name over of course!
To be clear I am NOT talking about a reset. I mean like other unnamed games have different worlds/universes etc.
Of course, this would stretch staff but also generate income for Torn as a business.
It would be good to see who would be 'Top G' after a year or Two.
What would you be interested in seeing if a second city opened up?
Of course, this would stretch staff but also generate income for Torn as a business.
No it wouldn't, it would split our resources and lead to dwindling player bases on both servers.
Server 1 has no real new player influx, they just join the other one, and server 2 has less retention because there is no established player base or as thriving an economy. It would be actively bad for Torn and cost us more in the process.
Sounds like a great novelty in theory. But horrible in practice. As bogie mentioned, the player base would just crash after the first month & it would be detrimental to the health here.
One of the best things about Torn is that it is a single persistent world. It's a very rare thing(if it exists at all anymore) in modern gaming that many game design conventions have abandoned which used to be the norm.
bogie is right on the the server/business-side impact, but from the player-side, one of the best parts about the game is its permanence, and the cultivation of a mythology of sorts around the emergent gameplay between players.
If there was the option to just change servers, it would pretty much negate any consequences of players' interaction within the game.
No we already have Christmas town and I don’t wanna start over lol, ched would be better off adding more things/expanding the city along with maybe adding in a Halloween town or something idk, in other words don’t fix what’s not broken
I did not even consider most of the responses so far! It makes sense when you put it like that.
It is great to see other people's point of view. That said, I should definitely think about what I am typing in more detail before I release my thoughts into General Discussion in the future.