Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

RR mugging

Started by Wind [444051] on in Gambling.

7 replies · 544 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
13
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

Wind [444051]
I love a good scam. That’s the nature of Torn. But I love an honest game of chance even more. And that love of pure adrenaline, winning or losing fairly, is what brings me here today.

Im sure a lot of us know a fairly common easy gambit is to troll the RR lobby for victims of an easy mugging. It’s probably why the game isn’t more popular than it already is. But there are also people working scams, cutting deals- working in networks- offering bribes- “if you lose I’ll mug them and we’ll split the take” that sort of shit. It’s made it impossible to play RR lately without losing a chunk of winnings immediately- I recently suffered 10 muggings in a row after hosting an RR match.

I hadn’t been mugged once all day prior.

Now of course, this is all within game rules. Not much I can do about it- except ask for some of you filthy degenerates to snitch.


If you know anyone doing this bullshit, DM me. Give me proof, and I’ll reward you. Handsomely. Then I’ll bounty the f**ker into next week. I encourage others to do the same.
BillyDeathwish [1586821]
I don't make any deals to mug you all playing RR, but I do do it. There is a really simple technique you can use to avoid this. I share it openly now so no one can whine later.

If you are betting large sums of money you need to self hospitalize when the other player joins. Just have another window open to your items. it wont kick you from your game. In another window have a ghost trade open with someone you trust. You can ghost trade me anytime. if you win your already in the hospital and cant be mugged. in the trade window you put all your money and hop out of the hospital and wait a solid 15 to 20mins before you end the trade and do what ever with your money, or you are always welcome to be mugged by me.

It is that easy and its the same thing most traders do anyway. You can even fail a crime that sends you to hospital or have a friend send you at the start of the match.


forgot to add make sure you have revives turned off. I have made this mistake on high value games.
leeseu [2845140]
honestly, idk much about rr muggings but this is the best advice. this works for everything where you get a lot of money in your wallet that people can see when it happens. i also gave this advice when i mugged 1.5m from a level 15 selling dp(i gave him back the money because i didn't feel like being a jerk and i did it for the merit anyway).

this is one of the biggest advice for torn honestly
-Battousai- [1066247]
Play lower stakes. Or join a 7+ clothing store. So you are more protected. When i was playing higer stakes i got mugged alot aswell.
Aelin [2556042]
The tricky thing is when you get mugged before you start the game, cos you need your money on hand and need to be out of hosp to do that, I’ve lost 1.2b in a mug that way, some plays are impossible to avoid, you just got to accept some mugs
Naxy [2703775]
The only one way to fix this is create a faction and make it your bank have it opened in another window before you start the RR