Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

edit/grave

Started by Ayanokoji [2601439] on in General Discussion.

67 replies · 2.72k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 68 / 68 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
68
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
80 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Offertory [2487783]
Piss poor apology.


illiterate trolls who don't know the basic elements of an apology:
Whisper disliked your post
Zakkk disliked your post
Glandem [2753716] Helper
Thanks, Aya. I appreciate that you thought about this, especially how you were affecting your new member.

Take care.
ChillySpunc [1905415]
Sorry, what exactly are you apologising for? Seems like you're not sorry for what you did just that you're facing consequences for it.
DarthRevan [2836054] Reporter
Thank you for your apology, Aya. I hope you will extend that apology to the members of the LGBTQ community, who are the ones really harmed by the nonsense of the last few days.

I am happy that you had the balls to come out publicly and apologise, that isn't an easy thing to do, especially in the position that you were placed into after my original Forum post.
I'm hoping that with everything that has happened these past few days, you have at least learned a lesson.

Once again thank you
-DarthRevan
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Lol bend over. A sorry is a sorry tho.
Gl for future. Hope the "not really care about it, I just bounty noobs to look edgy" ones will back down soon too.
PurpleFire [2868362] Committee Committee
Yea, would expect a true appology to state what you did wrong, why it was wrong, and how you will avoid similar actions in the future.

Your appology is more like, "oh sorry, please stop, hahahaha, sorry".
Perrydotto [2562786]
If you truly mean it, great, seriously. But the wording makes it sound like you do not really. You are not being concrete about what you are actually sorry for.

Personally, I don't need people to do some kind of big show. I don't want a public tribunal or some shit for the "woke mob's satisfication" or whatever people might call it. Just understand what you did wrong and don't do it again. Treat people and their existence with basic respect.
Miss-B-Havin [425210]
Apologies don't usually start out with complaints about how your poor choices affect YOU.
Do you actually understand how your behavior affected others? Do you actually care about those people's feelings? ?
ChillySpunc [1905415]
Nah. They don't even know what they're apologising for themself. They were shit on because they supported their homophobic friend who has now conveniently stopped playing and now the brunt of the backlash is on him.

I'm all for forgiveness but when you're just saying something to get people to leave you alone you're not being sincere.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
If we live like that and not learn to accept a sorry is a sorry, when will we have peace? Can you really read people thoughts to know people sincerity simply based on text? Some people are good with words and some are socially awkward.
Just watch the change of behavior later. If there is a change in behavior, it speaks louder than a fake but sound sweet paragraphs.
Patient [2131539]
I love how, still, nobody can actually say what you did wrong other than not cave to their demands of apologizing for someone else offending them.

People here try to portray themselves as the epitome of virtue, but deep down they're all incredibly bored players that get off on the dog piles and witch hunts where they feel like they're justified in being bullies themselves, and don't even question whether the target actually deserves it. They see red and just go ham and then jerk each other off bragging about who bullied you the most.

Now you're letting them do it to you again as you grovel and beg and it's still not enough for them.
ChillySpunc [1905415]
You're right, actions do matter which is why no one has a reason to give you a chance when you can't even acknowledge what you've done.


"There's a few reasons why I've decided to do this post

1.My faction has become a place where people fear they'll be kicked because I supported the homophobic actions made by my friend

2.I made a community I love a toxic environment filled with hate because rather than tell my friend their actions were wrong I blindly believed them. Which I continued to do when the community made it aware that these actions were wrong."

Alright, he's acknowledge his behaviour and made it clear he knows why he's getting hate, let's give him a chance to show he's changed. Really doesn't take a lot to acknowledge what you did. Holding people accountable is how you change their behaviour not by believing a half arsed apology.
SkinnyPeen [2176021]
Have you thought about going into politics? You'd fit right in with them, if this disingenuous post is any metric to rate you off of
TonyCream [2625416] Reporter
Fair enough, big of you to state it publicly and learn and move forward. Good starts to large behavioural changes start with acknowledgement. I don't believe people need to be picking holes in the apology further. It takes a lot to go that far for many people.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Again you emphasize the wordings. If everyone is like you, socially awkward ppl like me are doomed. All I'm saying.
Many times ppl like you said that to me when I made mistakes. "You are deflecting. You aren't sorry" Because at best if I did something wrong I just say "lol oops soz". Ofc in future I do not make same mistakes twice.
But ppl get mad anyway. People who loves good words instead sincere actions. But truth is for ppl like us we say what we mean and mean what we say. Even when we suck at wordings.

Op wrote appologies in public. That's a giant step to appologize. N he humiliate himself in public to appologize. What more you want? How demanding can you be as human? You then ask yourself, you sure you were against him for sake of humanity and fairness instead just love power play?

Edit: fck english :/ soz typo