Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

ChatGPT

Started by GenralMChunges [2833845] on in Technology.

38 replies · 809 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 39 / 39 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
39
Discussion span
→
Authority score
29 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
50 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

GenralMChunges [2833845]
What is it :
CHATGPT is a large language model trained by OpenAI. It is a variant of the GPT-3 (Generative Pretrained Transformer 3) model, which is a transformer-based language model that has been trained on a massive amount of text data.

CHATGPT is designed to generate human-like responses to natural language inputs, such as questions or statements. It has been trained on a large dataset of conversation transcripts, which allows it to understand the context and structure of conversation and generate appropriate responses. (ref: https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/)

Try it out: https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/

What it thinks of TORN: TORN City is a text-based role-playing game (RPG) that was popular in the early 2010s. It is set in a post-apocalyptic world and allows players to explore the city, build up their character's skills and abilities, and interact with other players. The game is known for its complex and detailed gameplay, as well as its immersive and engaging storyline. It is no longer active, but there are still a number of forums and communities dedicated to the game and its fans.

If you do give this a try post the generated text onto this tread let's see how creative yall can get?
Wollongong [12833]
I have tried it on some of the writing assignments I have received from clients (after I made the delivery).

It in no way matches the quality. It's probe to errors, it gets stuck in generic phrases and cannot actually make any decisions.

I am not worried.
Yet
OberinNolmax [1018955]
It basically has all of the internet as of some time in 2021. It knew specific information about a store closing in my home town from 2020. I was trying to find the information on Google but chatgpt got straight to the answer. It is way better than a Google search
pilvlp [2796461]
Has anyone tried to 'jailbreak' ChatGPT to get around their filters? Pretty interesting when you give it a long prompt that forces it to go outside of it's own boundaries.
Weav3r [1853324] Helper
On Torn? Highly doubt it.

Personally? I'm a DM for a small D&D group and it's a great tool for generating ideas, encounters, loot, and so on. Nothing super complex, but it gives me a solid footing.
Nottsbomber [2015430]
I couldn't think of an acceptable way to tell my friend I can't make her wedding because I had to work so asked chatgpt. I used the reply almost word for word.
SPOONphed [2396329]
I've used it a handful of times as a SOC analyst. ChatGPT is great at getting answers fast, but it's even better at reading code.

I can throw in portions of obfuscated malicious scripts and chatGPT helps me decode and translate the payloads.

Sure I have other tools and means of trying to unobfuscate code, but ChatGPT can do it a hell of a lot faster than I can.

Going more off the coding aspect, chatGPT also helps me write Splunk and Curl queries/scripts... which again, are things I can do, but chatGPT does it infinitely faster.

Lastly, the way you ask questions can completely change the way answers are given. So when I have to go to the big wigs who don't know a thing about Cybersecurity, I can have ChatGPT explain complex ideas using small, friendly words.

In the right hands, ChatGPT can be a very useful tool.
Shaitan [2802630]
It’s useful (for me) for simple code. I forgotten everything I learnt 40 years ago so it’s great for pointing me in the right direction.


I can narrow down Code examples rather than general ways of doing things so it’s quicker than googling often than not.
KingZog [2919609]
Search engines like Google can give you a wide range of information from thousands if not millions of results which is so confusing and time wasting
Madgod [1733719]
"Not much use". That is absurd. It is an excellent tool to use along side a great many number of tasks. Trying to brainstorm ideas for a given topic? Ask ChatGPT. Looking for movie recommendations based off of other movies? Ask ChatGPT. Trying to figure out what to make for dinner with the ingredients you have? Ask ChatGPT. Studying a particular topic? Ask ChatGPT. Need to write copy? Ask ChatGPT. Need to generate topics for articles? Ask ChatGPT. Need to generate outlines for said articles? Ask ChatGPT.

ChatGPT is like the best of google combined with the best of reddit. Where before I would have gone to google or posted a thread on reddit, I will now just ask ChatGPT.

Of course, for any piece of information you receive from ChatGPT, it is good to verify, as it does have some limitations
torbro [3022520]
Yeah, I used it! It's so cool if you can do prompt engineering. But it's not that strong in terms of math and coding. However it's good for generating content. Gradually it'll be far better.