Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

The Hidden Truth: Foundation Funds Misused, 1B+

Started by Fluwutastic [2788332] on in General Discussion.

87 replies · 3.12k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 88 / 88 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
88
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
66 / 100
Engagement score
81 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Darqfate [2748079] ×3 Kelsie [340367] ×2 GenShinigami [2664617] ×2 Jano [2755043] ×2 Faction 1117 ×1 Company 99279 ×1 Company 99285 ×1 Lady_Roisin [2772981] ×1

Fluwutastic [2788332]
I was a former Board Member for the Lady_Roisin Memorial Foundation, which was established to honor Rosheen's memory after she lost her battle with cancer in February 2023. The Foundation's purpose was to assist active new players in Torn by providing grants to help them achieve their goals. We had a Discord server where applicants could apply for these grants by outlining their objectives and how the Foundation could support them. The Board Members reviewed the applications and decided which applicants should receive grants.

We maintained meticulous records of all donations and grants in a publicly accessible Google spreadsheet. This document tracked incoming donations, their sources, outgoing funds, and recipients. Here's the link to the Google Spreadsheet: LRMF Donations

During my time as a Board Member, there were discussions about changing the Foundation's name as it was brought to our attention that it didn't align with Lady_Roisin's final wishes. Unfortunately, we couldn't reach a decision on the new name within a reasonable timeframe. During this period, I experienced personal difficulties following my father's passing in April 2023, which led to my decision to step down from the Board and hand over my responsibilities to our Executive Director, GenShinigami [2664617].

During my departure, the Foundation continued to operate with other dedicated Board Members and approved grant applications. However, shortly after my resignation, another Board Member, Darqfate [2748079], also stepped down. Darqfate entrusted GenShinigami with the Foundation's funds, totaling over $1 billion, before leaving.

After overcoming the initial stages of grief, I recently became more active in Torn and reached out to GenShinigami to inquire about the Foundation's status and potentially rejoin as a Board Member. To my surprise, despite the meticulous record-keeping during Darqfate's tenure, GenShinigami neglected to track the funds after assuming control. He treated the Foundation's money as his personal slush fund, using it for his own purposes without consulting former or current Board Members or the generous donors who entrusted us with their contributions.

GenShinigami stated that he didn't have time to maintain detailed records and unilaterally decided that the Foundation no longer existed. He made this decision without seeking input from anyone involved, including Board Members or donors.
  • Should GenShinigami return the money to the donors?
  • Should he distribute the remaining funds to the current grant recipients approved by the Board Members?
These critical questions were never asked or considered by GenShinigami. He simply used the Foundation's donated money for personal gain, specifically to establish and grow his own faction, Temple of Zeus

Faction Link: Temple of Zeus

While Torn is known for its criminal and deceptive nature, it also operates on a system of karma. Taking money from a Foundation, especially without consulting others or adhering to the intended purpose, goes against this sense of fairness.

I attempted to communicate with GenShinigami to inquire about the missing records and the Foundation's funds. Despite seeing him online multiple times over several hours, I received no response. I gave him a deadline of 12 hours to return the Foundation's funds and Discord server ownership to Darqfate, the original custodian of the funds. If he failed to comply, we would make this situation public to increase pressure for him to return the funds and Discord server ownership.

Eventually, GenShinigami responded, expressing a desire to discuss the matter with me and Darqfate. He mentioned his long working hours and the lateness of the hour as reasons for not meeting my self-imposed deadline. However, actions carry more weight than words, regardless of how persuasive one may be.

Therefore, GenShinigami, it is time to act. Your smooth words have lost their significance. Please return the $1+ billion and the Discord server ownership to Darqfate immediately.

Mentions: Darqfate [2748079] · GenShinigami [2664617] · Next Level Ascension [1117]

Fluwutastic [2788332]
The Foundation is not up and running, havent been for months, and wont be again. I really hope that GenShinigami will do whats right towards the donators and the grants. Hopefully we can give out the funds towards the old grants or members who needs a little boost, and give back the donations to the donators who wants their donations back. I never was a holder of the funds myself, and I never want to be neither.

Tried to keep it as short as possible in the post. About the name, It was decided that the foundation will get a new name. Why it dident get a new name I cant answer on since I stepped down to grief my fathers passing. I know it was some name suggestions before I stepped down.

I have been trying to contact the grants and donators.

-Shaft- [2521807]
This might be worse than a faction vault scam. Stealing money from a foundation dedicated to a person who has passed away. As low as it gets
Celasha [2858290]
As one of the "Grant Recipients" -- I can honestly say that I know there were good intentions there, initially. I will also say that I personally haven't seen a dime of funding from the organization, and I don't think there's been more than two posts on the Discord in the past 2 months. I will also say that I know GenShinigami is extremely busy IRL these days; I've chatted with him (about things unrelated to the foundation) when he's had time and he's been engaged, serious and smart.

The original owner (the one who was banned) felt sleazy to some degree, but I've never felt that from Gen. I also believe that Gen never intended to use Lady_Roisin's name to solicit donations with the intention of defrauding anyone.

With all that said, I *strongly* encourage Gen to prioritize reaching out to Erodalicious and Darqfate to hand off the foundation to those who have more time to invest.
RmB [2632539]
Stop trusting anybody with your pixel money in a game based on stealing. I really don't see why that is such a hard concept to grasp.

*EDIT: Hashster disliked your post
Dalinar [2833488]
I swear this was posted a few months ago, I remember this completely. Is it being reposted and the replies so far are playing along as if it’s new? What’s happening here?
Lenin [2199004]
i would just like to say that corporate formalism is a blight on humanity and the sooner such linguistic cringe is banished to hell, the better
IKYA [58005]
The original intentions were to inflict positivity and hopefulness in newer players. In the beginning it was going well and a positive overall. Once the original starter left, it became slower and more stagnant for a few reasons.

I joined to help, and donated myself in hopes to help more people. Unfortunately it's true that GenShinigami [2664617] decided to "fold the funds into their funds" and use it for "growing people" as they have said. The fact that even the original starter is upset says something.

I can't say I'm surprised that sooner or later someone decided to steal everything. Shame on me, I like helping newer players find interest in this game. But to be so ignorant and self centered is just insulting and shows no shame.

Mentions: GenShinigami [2664617]