Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Red Devil Xanax

Started by Mezdux [2301676] on in Suggestions.

44 replies · 458 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 45 / 45 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Mezdux [2301676]
Pretty sure I know how the game works by now but if you realise, not everybody plays the same and some people will prefer to do their own thing. I've pretty much done everything in the game solo so far, I am not interested at all in joining a faction and logging on to chain attacks for somebody else. If it makes it harder for me? So be it. But there are different play styles to this game and not everybody enjoys the grind of "join a faction, grind, ranked wars, chain at this time so be on or be kicked"
Chuck_Norris [2544593]
You clearly don't know how the game works, which is reflected in your stats and in this suggestion. It is GLARINGLY obvious that you've done everything solo so far, and barely scratched the surface of understaing this game.

And your response makes it obvious that you don't know how much more a proper faction offers.

But hey, you do you boo.

GGN
Mezdux [2301676]
Nah I understand the game pretty well, Chuck Norris.
It's just who has the time to do these things? Not me. I would rather a stress-free relaxing game where I can take things at my own pace in my downtime. I really don't have the time, energy or even a hint of care about logging on all the time to serve a faction. I am aware of the benefits and bonuses it gives; I've read the baldr guide and looked at nearly every page on the Torn wiki, but I really just don't care about getting my stats to a billion or chaining or whatever. It offers too much time and effort on my part.

People play the game differently to you Chuck and you'll have to accept that I'm afraid, there are people different than you. I'm not about to be wasting my time happy jumping to get the best stat increase because I genuinely just don't care. It's a game. It's meant to be enjoyed.
Mezdux [2301676]
Not even going to bother saying because it'll just be criticised for not being the "right" way to play.
Remember; this game advertises different play styles.

Enjoy your day.
Muckamuck [1884573]
Joining a good faction is the way to enjoy the game. People like you who barely interact with the game are a minority.
if you want to make a suggestion, rule of thumb is that it should be beneficial for the majority of players. Suggest an upgrade, or a sidegrade! but never a downgrade.
Mezdux [2301676]
I mean they can quite literally be both subjective and objective, but okay. You can feel like you've won.
Overseer [2143302]
You have 10 days pf play time, less that 300 attacls, less than 80 drugs taken, only about a 340m NW, and are level 18 ranked Reasonable after almost 1500 days. You dont know shit.
Tometh [2258652]
So you pay nearly half the price of a normal xanax, and you get less than half the effects of taking a normal xanax? but the hospitalisation is also higher. Makes normal xanax look even more appealing.

And you don't even entertain the questions people have for you as to what activities you partake in the game, Thread needs to be graved.
AshleyT [1432316]
I will be honest.

It is a cool idea.

But your balance for it is awful. The risk vs reward is very bad on this counterfeit drug. For this kind of risk to be worth it, the cost would have to be $100,000, at most.

I was part of a team developing a small game, my areas were balance, combat balance as well as map design, but the important part is balance. For a much greater risk, you'd only be saving just over half the cost, but getting almost 1/3rd the energy, with the risk of an even longer blowback from OD's.

At that point, LSD would be the outright better option despite the slightly lower E gain because of the lower risk, as well as not hurting active battle stats as badly during fighting. Xanax is king not only because of the value of Energy, but also the relatively low risk of using it. Take away the majority of the energy, slap on a big risk, and ONLY cut the price by just over half, just isn't an efficient choice. At the stats presented, the cost is too high for the risk.

Perhaps it would be more interesting if the energy of 85e was replaced with random chance between 50e and 350e, it would be not only viable at it's current cost and risk, but an enticing gamble for those who don't mind games of chance and risk.
Negan [2066105]
In what f**king world does my level have to do with anything?
I popped Xanax when I was a level 1 as well.

You can literally sell three losses and afford a Xanax and then some.
That'd still leave you with 175 energy, which is still way better than your useless ''fake drug''. And you wouldn't risk longer in the hospital, which still isn't a risk, considering you get free revives constantly if you're in the hospital for a few days anyway.
Negan [2066105]
See, THIS makes sense. That'd be a way god damn better suggestion.
Not that I'd ever use a drug like that, but it makes more sense than the original suggestion at least
Gorog [2872245]
Duke's real name is [real name removed] Calabrese, but if you call him this he'll push your face through a plate glass window. And if there isn't one nearby, he'll drag you to one.