Can someone explain to me on if there's a system you can turn on to auto bid, because i tried bidding on a few things but the same person keeps putting a 1$ higher bid while it says he's offline. If there's a system that lets you do that then wow
Auction bidding
Started by ShardTalisan [2961609] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 8
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 9
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 62 / 100
- Historical score
- 26 / 100
- Story score
- 37 / 100
- Engagement score
- 55 / 100
You enter your maximum bid and the system will automatically bid for you until someone bids higher then your maximum bid
It's just how the auction house works. let's say you bid 1000$ on a weapon wich is listed for 1$, then it will show you as the high bidder for 2$. If someone else bids 500$ you will automatically shown as the high bidder for 501$. I someone bids 1200$ they will be the new highest bidder for 1001$.
Moved to QnA.
The short answer is Yes.
Longer explanation is as follows.
If the current maximum bid is $10,000 and you bid $25,000 then your bid will be $10,001. If I come in and bid $20,000 the bid will move up to $20,001 with you still being the highest bidder.
If I then bid $30,000 the new bid will show as $25,001 with me as the highest.
The short answer is Yes.
Longer explanation is as follows.
If the current maximum bid is $10,000 and you bid $25,000 then your bid will be $10,001. If I come in and bid $20,000 the bid will move up to $20,001 with you still being the highest bidder.
If I then bid $30,000 the new bid will show as $25,001 with me as the highest.
Yall need a tutorial page on the Auction house cos this same question keeps popping up frequently
people are just blind and don't like reading, the game tells you why the bid failed
"Your $xxx,xxx,xxx bid was placed, but not high enough to compete with the current high bidder's maximum bid"
"Your $xxx,xxx,xxx bid was placed, but not high enough to compete with the current high bidder's maximum bid"
That's the 'what' not the 'why'.
I agree with you that people don't read enough. But when the same issue keeps popping up, at some stage we need to accept that there is an inherent flaw in the UI/UX and make a change.
A simple change at that.
I agree with you that people don't read enough. But when the same issue keeps popping up, at some stage we need to accept that there is an inherent flaw in the UI/UX and make a change.
A simple change at that.
Is there a way to see what that maximum is for a bid, or, do I just keep poking the bear until I hit their maximum?