Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

I need help (Captcha)

Started by JonnyTonks [2736740] on in General Discussion.

9 replies · 400 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
64
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

Most-liked replies

JonnyTonks [2736740]
Hello everyone, it is no secret that I am a visually impaired person, I am from Latin America and my native language is Spanish, for me it is a challenge being blind to learn another language and understand some English phrases.

Context.

In the last years technology has played a fundamental role in my life, but much more but my wife a much more important role, she helps me with many things that visually I can not do, among those things are: she explains me the memes, she also describes me series and movies, and obviously she helps me with the forms in pages and above all in passing many captchas.
to be able to finance the xanax in Torn I travel most of the time, I have been traveling for about 500 days non-stop, waking up in the middle of the night to buy those camels in Dubai, my wife does not agree with my bad sleep. last night at dinner I wanted to leave the hospital and be able to travel and I found a captcha, obviously not to lose my mind I simply asked my wife to pass the captcha, but then in the middle of the night the captcha came up again when I arrived in South Africa to buy those beautiful stuffed animals.



[image: media.discordapp.net]

As you noticed in the screenshot I have to pass a chaptcha, but with the pleasant surprise that it only has a visual challenge.

It makes me angry to know that I can't pass this challenge in the middle of the night, with much embarrassment I had to wake up my wife to pass the captcha, and to be able to post this message I had to ask the favor again.

Conclusion

I ask from the bottom of my heart to the Administrators, if they can review my account to solve this little problem that affects me, or maybe put an accessible captcha with an auditory challenge (although English is not my forte).

Thank you very much Administrators
Razuvious [2024732]
I will say that the point of having visually analytical captcha is to make it easy for a human and hard for an algorithm.

Hopefully there is a way to fix this for those with vision impairments.

On second thought, didnt they take away captcha unless your account is suspicious for botting/automation...you should proably contact staff directly to discuss why you even got this one.
Stoute_Tovenaar [2321463]
Despite this being a very annoying situation to be in. I think you should not have woke up your wife for. Buying plushies overseas in torn should not be priority in life where you have to let another person sacrifice their sleep over.
WhackedMaki [2587660]
He has been trying to refresh pages to see if he can join attacks in the Map War. Excessive refreshing is something that people often seem to get targeted for from the bot hunter.
Pakliuvom [1676337]
You seem like a good dude and I hope you can find a solution to your issue. I had to chuckle a bit though, when mentioning what your wife helps you with, the first thing on the list is that she "explains the memes". That's awesome.
Perrydotto [2562786]
A lot of captchas offer an audio option, it's frustrating that these ones do not - I hope that can be fixed. Rooting for ya.

EDIT: Might wanna post this in Suggestions so the staff see it more easily.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
BH dev and I have been working on further adaptations for screen readers in the last couple of days, whilst this isn't related to that its definitely something we can look at resolving, I'll pass this thread on to them too.