Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Crimes 2.0

Started by GraceFilledLife [2273711] on in Tutorials & Guides.

37 replies · 8.03k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 38 / 38 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
38
Discussion span
→
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

GraceFilledLife [2273711]
Welcome crimes 2.0,
For those who haven't upgraded, if you change to crimes 2.0 you will be able to search for cash, that's it right now. Regardless of your crimes completed; your skill level will be 1 when you swap.

Metal detector is available as a possible unique drop from Junkyard once you hit skill 30.

Cemetery key is available as a possible unique drop from Beach once you hit skill 50.

Fortunately, you do not need to buy them as they are unique finds and you can find it on your own. They are currently overpriced because they are unique finds. And of course they will sell because someone wants to be the first to experience this.
Swap over! Get your crime skill up and maybe you'll make a buck while you're at it.

Make sure to check the success chance on each crime, as this does seem to change daily. Yesterday searching junkyard had highest success rate, today searching subway is better chance for me.

Join crimes 2.0 by clicking the link in newspaper article
Newspaper article with crimes 2.0 link

Do you see stars underneath the search/nerve cost button? This is telling you that you have accrued a unique or special drop to find
WTheDuck [2803611]
When I switched over i got 25 merits and 15 nnb!
the subway, beach, and cemetery crimes don’t change daily, their success chance changes throughout the day in general :)
Acayib [2895639]
Definitely worth it to me, I got 15NNB and 23 merits. Plus it makes crimes fun again, not just how fast can I click the try again button.

Cash isn't great, but there is a lot of potential in the future when the other crimes unlock.
Opalsocks [2768284]
So far I think what people found was subway success seems to be related to how many people are online at the time? https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=2&t=16338383&b=0&a=0

Beach was confirmed by Chedburn to be some complicated thing that I couldn't follow, but here: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=2&t=16338098&b=0&a=0&to=23595891

Mentions: [C 2.0] Subway % is dependent on online users · C2.0 - Search the beach - success / tides

GraceFilledLife [2273711]
Pros: increased max nerve potential, increased merits (on moment of swap), access to newly released items with a good opportunity to make money from it being so new, ability to see success potential, you unlock the crime skill which goes up based on successful crimes

Cons: regardless of your current nerve and abilities for success, you can only search for cash in 5 different locations at the moment, your chance for success changes throughout the day
Cc101 [2524125]
Against some of my crimes I now have a couple of stars just on the button. So searching through trash for example has two empty stars on it.

I'm not completely sure what that means. Any ideas?
Ayak22 [2949152]
I’m noticing that I’m going to jail more often even if the chances of success are medium/high and I’ve got my level up to 20 or so. Am I doing something wrong?
Fumbles [2800112]
a star means a unique outcome is available, trash for example will give you candy kisses and morphine as your skill goes up more stars appear up to 29 in total
Minus_One [2138053]
Metal detector is available as a possible unique drop from Junkyard once you hit skill 30.

Cemetery key is available as a possible unique drop from Beach once you hit skill 50.

Also, if you're thinking about swapping over just now after reading this thread to try to sell those items for money, you're probably too late. The bulk of early adopters are already a few days ahead.