Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Captcha

Started by Rambo- [2676506] on in Questions & Answers.

13 replies · 346 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
12
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100
Rambo- [2676506]
I been dealing with a Captcha for around 11-12ish days and I login in probably more then 10 times a day. Tired of it... I messaged Bogie and no answer. What can I do to resolve this? I do not run any VPN and only torntools. Contemplating on quiting the game, might seem silly but you do a captcha 10 times a day for 10+ days..
DarthRevan [2836054] Reporter
You may have changed how often you log in, the length you are on for sorta thing, I know that is what triggered it for me.
You may also have logged in from a new location.


Give it time, it should go away, I had it for 2 weeks before it disappeared.
BaldyBastah [541197]
I've had it 3 times in the past two months, it's incredibly frustrating. Also messaging the people it said to speak to and get nothing back

It just ruins the game for me, especially if you're flying it's impossible to get back on the plane in the 10 seconds grace period after landing. Also during RW's how are you supposed to help when you're stuck on a screen asking to click on bicycles

The devs need to be more transparent as it's affecting actual players who want to enjoy the game
JackKelly [2271177]
It's a 15 second grace period and as of now, you're offline and sitting in UAE (not in hospital). Last action 7 minutes ago. So missing a 10 or 15 second grace period is irrelevant when you aren't online anyway.

If devs explain what triggers it, then people would know how to bypass it.
BaldyBastah [541197]
Just because I wasn't attacked this time doesn't mean it's not an issue. Additionally when we're in a ranked war, having to do a captcha can be the difference between making a hit or getting hosped. It does have an effect, and like OP said it is infuriating as I know I've done nothing wrong

I disagree, I'm not asking for the technical details but something simple like "unusual amount of activity" or "high trading" or something. As 99% of people don't have to do it, this just gives us a slight disadvantage in those moments where every second counts
Zovers [2625109]
I just wish it was the old captcha system where there were different options for completion, like solving a quick math problem. The only thing I’ve learned from my perpetual captcha assignments is that I clearly am not capable of identifying a fire hydrant as I seem to be wrong half the time… must be why I was kicked out of firefighter school :(
JackKelly [2271177]
Lol, you disagree that giving people information on what is being looked at to identify potential cheating will result in the people cheating using that information to avoid being caught?

I've had the captcha experience happen 3 times. Once during a ranked war even. It didn't affect my travel in the least and it didn't sway the outcome of the ranked war, luckily the rest of my faction was in the same war and were able to survive that long without me.

Jokes aside, yeah it's f**king annoying, but it's a necessary evil. It's an attempt to keep things somewhat fair between players, so being inconvenienced for a couple months out of your 5,780 days is a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.
BaldyBastah [541197]
It's more the fact that it's not universal and only a small group of people selected. If everyone had to do it then there's no issues as, like you say, it's paying a small price in the grand scheme of things

However to have it crop up 3 times in 2 months (I have it right now) makes me think I'm doing something wrong, but without any communication I'm none the wiser. What am I supposed to do/change to not get flagged uneccessarily or potentially banned?

Hence why I think at least 'something' to suggest why I've been flagged. I understand there's bots, but there's also real players that just want to enjoy the game without feeling I'm at a disadvantage for some unknown reason
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
They go away eventually.

It's just Torn's broken Anticheat system calling you a cheater, like it does to everyone eventually, some of us more than others.

I've been flagged at least a dozen times now by it.

It sucks and doesn't seem to flag the cheaters, only legitimate players, but try telling that to Chedburn.
Pasta-Man [2758734]
I had it over 15 times just today. If you're telling me I will have to endure this for the next few months, you can go you know what. I would like to know what I did for this to happen because its constant. All i did the past few days different is buy mass plushies on market to sell for higher, and do counterfeit a lot to play slots as I withdraw money. This should not be happening. I cannot have this happen a dozen times a day for months
JamTheDane [2404580]
I have had it for a few days now. I had a massive extra issue, that the Capthas that require you to select X number of squares on a picture dont work, no matter WHAT you select, it fails, on my PC. If i load Torn on my mobile, finish Captcha, it will log in on boht PC and phone.
Never seen Captchas do that before, and its a HUGE pain in the butt for me at the moment.