Bootlegging is Live!
Started by Shaitan [2802630] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 117 / 117 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
There's a decent line of cars waiting to enter the gas station.You roll up to each one and try to sell your DVDs to their occupants.Most of the drivers ignore you, but one of them buys 27 DVDs from you.
SUCCESS
$383
SUCCESS
$383
I guess so, yes.
and feel free to copy this one over to whatever other thread cuz it made me laugh.
I pulled an all-nighter, drank some coffee; now i'm chillin with some strong brews for the 4th of July...
"You check online to see which fantasy movies from your personal collection are trending right now.After careful deliberation, you burn an eclectic assortment of fantasy classics from the golden age to the modern day.While waiting for the discs to complete, you wonder whether doing this job means you can say you work in Hollywood.Meh, it'll probably get you laid if they're drunk enough."
I'm still waiting to see how good of a job my real-life "boomer" experience has with these new crimes; hopefully Ched didn't let me down - how old is he really anyway? o_O
and feel free to copy this one over to whatever other thread cuz it made me laugh.
I pulled an all-nighter, drank some coffee; now i'm chillin with some strong brews for the 4th of July...
"You check online to see which fantasy movies from your personal collection are trending right now.After careful deliberation, you burn an eclectic assortment of fantasy classics from the golden age to the modern day.While waiting for the discs to complete, you wonder whether doing this job means you can say you work in Hollywood.Meh, it'll probably get you laid if they're drunk enough."
I'm still waiting to see how good of a job my real-life "boomer" experience has with these new crimes; hopefully Ched didn't let me down - how old is he really anyway? o_O
Don't know if its RNG or based on the number of simultaneous DVDs you have copying at a time, but I've had more critical fails than fails.
Success 125
Fail 1
Crit Fail 4
You also seem to lose a lot more XP/Skill in bootlegging from a critical fail then you did in the search for cash crimes.
Only 2 of the critical fails appear in the "critical fails" log:
13:17:04 - 04/07/23 You used 2 nerve and critically failed copying DVDs losing 1x High-Speed Drive
14:11:32 - 04/07/23 You used 2 nerve and critically failed copying DVDs losing $50
I'm guessing this is because Torn started to crash and went down, so not all events got logged.
[image: i.imgur.com]
Success 125
Fail 1
Crit Fail 4
You also seem to lose a lot more XP/Skill in bootlegging from a critical fail then you did in the search for cash crimes.
Only 2 of the critical fails appear in the "critical fails" log:
13:17:04 - 04/07/23 You used 2 nerve and critically failed copying DVDs losing 1x High-Speed Drive
14:11:32 - 04/07/23 You used 2 nerve and critically failed copying DVDs losing $50
I'm guessing this is because Torn started to crash and went down, so not all events got logged.
[image: i.imgur.com]
13:01:00 - 04/07/23 You used 2 nerve and critically failed copying DVDs going to jail for 3h 29m
Torn players should absolutely consider anything erotic as a fantasy, yes.
There's a decent line of cars waiting to enter the gas station. You roll up to each one and try to sell your DVDs to their occupants. Most of the drivers ignore you, but one of them buys 53 DVDs from you.
I had over 100 in stock, lvl 23
Also I get 7-10 dvds per 2 nerve at this level usually
I had over 100 in stock, lvl 23
Also I get 7-10 dvds per 2 nerve at this level usually
Not sure this has been posted yet - but the requirements for setting up an online store are as follows, in case you were wondering about the two boxes on the crimes page
- PC/Laptop/Gold Laptop - interestingly these have a "value" field, perhaps they affect the % gained/success?
- Bootlegging 50
- Web Design and Development education
I'm digging bootlegging. Tbh Crimes 2.0 has been a nice change of pace, but something I really enjoy about bootlegging is that it isn't tied to time (at least with the % bars). I thought about 100'ing searches before switching, but with BL open, I have a crime to do while I wait for better %'s searches without feeling like I'm risking too much.
It's also neat to have another crime tied to it that isn't a 2N crime. The 5N Sell crime has been kind of keeping me on my toes with wanting to come back and make sure I haven't run out of dvd's to sell or am still using time well and creating more.
I'm hoping that when I can open the shop, it'll have the potential to reward E-DVD's.
It's also neat to have another crime tied to it that isn't a 2N crime. The 5N Sell crime has been kind of keeping me on my toes with wanting to come back and make sure I haven't run out of dvd's to sell or am still using time well and creating more.
I'm hoping that when I can open the shop, it'll have the potential to reward E-DVD's.
You find a private server that claims to have a huge stash of copyrighted material. The server owner is requesting fifty bucks in crypto for the passkey. You pay the money and log on to the server. Browsing the offerings, you find a gargantuan stash of Pixar pornography. After watching a few scenes from Binding Nemo and Shatatouille, you log off and try to get your money back. The server owner refuses to give you a refund.
MONEY LOST
$50
MONEY LOST
$50
You pick a spot on the sidewalk near the bank and arrange your DVDs by genre.A young woman emerges from the bank and smiles at you."My investment paid off! I'm rich! Sell me something!" she screams.You gladly sell her 27 DVDs.A grumpy security guard comes out and tells you to move it along.You comply.
SUCCESS
$400
SUCCESS
$400
Hey!
Just dropping in with a quick update on my Bootlegging adventures so far.
[image: i.imgur.com]
I stacked DVDs collections until skill level 25 which seems to be the sweet spot to start selling them. I'm trying to keep over 100 movies in each genre, I don't know yet how selling crime works. I also have to mention that I have a High-Speed Drive.
Just dropping in with a quick update on my Bootlegging adventures so far.
[image: i.imgur.com]
I stacked DVDs collections until skill level 25 which seems to be the sweet spot to start selling them. I'm trying to keep over 100 movies in each genre, I don't know yet how selling crime works. I also have to mention that I have a High-Speed Drive.
Does selling DVDs give more exp per nerve than making them?
Does selling more dvds give more nerve?
Does it make more sense to sell 4 dvds or 40?
Does it make more sense to sell 4 dvds or 40?
Bootlegging is risky business. RIP high speed drive, you will be missed.
[image: media.discordapp.net]
[image: media.discordapp.net]
Yeah but I'm talking per nerve cost. Do I get more exp for spending 10 nerve on making DVDs or 10 nerve on selling them?
After making some DVD's - selling them gave me this skill increase:
(swap to sell DVD) 39 - 0.52 / 40 - 0.13 / 41 - 0.08
.52, for the first one - .13 for second and .08 for 3rd. - the next was an increase of .27
So I'd say it varies, but it can.
*im 29 on level for bootleg and 33% progression bonus with enhancer.
I got an avg of a 0.07 increase with the 2N make DVDs. So for 10N that'd be an avg of .45 increase
while selling could give much more or a bit less.
(swap to sell DVD) 39 - 0.52 / 40 - 0.13 / 41 - 0.08
.52, for the first one - .13 for second and .08 for 3rd. - the next was an increase of .27
So I'd say it varies, but it can.
*im 29 on level for bootleg and 33% progression bonus with enhancer.
I got an avg of a 0.07 increase with the 2N make DVDs. So for 10N that'd be an avg of .45 increase
while selling could give much more or a bit less.
For everyone's info:
You don't have to just select and use one pack of blank CDs at a time -- you can keep on clicking on the packs to load them all up. I made the mistake of trying to copy CDs when there was only 1 CD left, and well, I only copied 1.
You don't have to just select and use one pack of blank CDs at a time -- you can keep on clicking on the packs to load them all up. I made the mistake of trying to copy CDs when there was only 1 CD left, and well, I only copied 1.
Anyone rich enough to be slamming Carol books 24/7 unlocked the online store yet?
The Value field is the Torn Item ID, and nothing to do with %gained/success