Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[CLOSED] Riots Stock Investment Fund

Started by Riot [974353] on in Stock Market.

37 replies · 1.89k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 38 / 38 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Overseer [2143302]
Good looks, my rationale for the safety of matzkops is that if he was going to scam, he’s pinching for Pennies now
RagingRaptor [1522277]
Been investing with Riot a little while now, been a decent return, trustworthy and sound.
Would definitely recommend :)

(Plus he is committee anyway, so not allowed to scam xD)
Matzkops [2566807]
Good luck! Can't say I'm happy about competition, but that's what keeps the game healthy! I'll just have to work even harder
Beerstein [1322136]
Seems to me the right moves for staff would be either
A. Choose between major investment scheme or Committee
or
B. If he scams he may be deleted HOWEVER investors cash will not be returned in order to maintain a competitive environment.

B would still be a bit of an edge but at least some effort would be taken to mitigate that. As long as it's up front in red on the main post I don't see why this can't be a thing in this case, it's not like it's an every-day thing that'd take staff effort to police.
Whiskey_Jack [1994581]
Nothing against you or your fund just my opinion. Just cause you always have doesn't mean you always will be able to. You have such large investors now it would only take 1 bad pick for the losses to exceed your personal networth. You can't cover the losses if you don't have the cash to do it.
Nova [1570883]
I invested in Matzkops well before joining Carbon. It was a tough decision to make given I realistically has no assurances I would not be scammed, but after obtaining a multitude of character references, I decided to give it a shot.

At the time I was the highest investor in the fund, by a significant margin, almost doubling the size of the fund (now second), therefore I wanted to understand how the no-loss fee was possible. Therefore to address your points:

1. You claim a 'fake' no-loss guarantee based on a potential future event that hasn't happened? Seems like a strange thing to call someone out on.

2. The no-loss guarantee is factored into the % cuts charged, so although they may seem higher than Riot's 25% flat fee, even though this is only the case for investors under 25B, Riot would take a 25% cut of any profit, but a 0% cut of any loss, therefore would mean if you were to lose 1%, he'd have to make 1.33% for you to make it back.

3. You have no idea what Matzkops personal networth actually is, but, as it should be, not only is the fund highly profitable for his investors, it's also highly profitable to him. When you calculate the fees out, it would be the equivalent of someone making profit on 300-400B liquid of their own. This was one of the main reasons I trusted him, because he has created a sound, profitable business structure, therefore would have no need to 'scam' anyone.

Overall, don't make false accusations and assumptions based on, by your own acknowledgment, an event that hasn't occurred. Matzkops, even after the fees charged, without factoring in the no-loss fee, has the most profitable public fund and is completely transparent. He has my faith that my sizeable investment is protected and will remain profitable, therefore I would highly recommend investing in him.

I apologise to Riot if this comes across at all as slander to his service, as by no means have I intended that to be the case, but I do feel strongly about Whisky_Jack's comments.
Sif [2746266]
R+, Riot really knows their stuff. If you’ve extra cash and don’t want to risk losing it investing yourself then I’d strongly suggest Riot! Well done mate, I’m sure I’ll be back in the future
Riot [974353]
My pleasure mate and thanks for using my services and glad to hear you’re satisfied. Let me know if / when you want me to invest on your behalf again :)
Riot [974353]
Bump

June investment period closed, July opened, any new investors or withdrawals need to happen within the next few days ideally.

June saw a total of 2.77% profit made across 112.5b invested
Riot [974353]
Amusingly, you've just reminded me to close up shop lmao - does that answer your question? xD
Riot [974353]
Horrendously

since the nerf I've held the same 3 stocks, they've all barely moved, the one that was in the best position just about went green and I sold it, the other two are still stuck.