Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Sold

Started by CalzaTheFox [1694544] on in Trading Post.

14 replies · 118 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
19 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100

Most-liked replies

Chuck_Norris [2544593]
Just to be clear, Parry does not automatically kick in just cos your melee settings are set to 1 or higher.

On a defend, there are multiple criteria that must be met. Assuming you have a Parry weapon equipped;

Did attacker use a melee on a turn?
On the same turn, did you, the defender, use your Parry melee? (Would need melee set to 100% or very high for this condition to be met often)
If both the above conditions are met, there would be a % check to see if Parry triggers.
If yes, then damage is mitigated.
If no, then damage is applied.

The previous system used to automatically apply the Parry check if your opponent used a melee to hit you, and you had a Parry melee equipped, and would only override your attack settings IF Parry successfully procced.

Best of luck with your auctions
CalzaTheFox [1694544]
I've seen Parry kick in on my defends with an unusually high frequency compared to the 1/100 I have my melee set to. It doesn't always kick in every time I use melee, or every time they use melee, but I will often see attacks be parried, followed by my melee being used. I'll double check to see if there was something I missed.

I just know Parry will not take effect on defense if melee is set to never be used, or if never used while attacking.
Chuck_Norris [2544593]
- Removed the inappropriate 'Smart use' system from the Parry and Home Run bonuses
- Changed Parry and Home Run to simulate the same effects while defending as attacking

From Ched.

Free bump.