Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Allow education page while flying

Started by MasterF1re [2854737] on in Suggestions.

19 replies · 131 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
34
Authority score
42 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
47 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100

Most-liked replies

MasterF1re [2854737]
I did my morning xanax, new crimes and then flew. I then saw an announcement about a new education course! Sadly, we can't look at the education courses, while flying, and I think that's a real shame.

How hard would it be, to lock/make blank, the start course, button, when we're flying, and let us still see all the courses! the laptop/personal computer needs more functionality, and it doesn't make sense, as in real life, you could use your computer in flight, to browse the list and requirements of education courses!
RiceWilly [903854]
Not terrible. The way Torn is going it'd be great to be able to see alot from where we are flying. I can't speak for myself (with almost all education complete) but it doesn't hurt anyone (especially new players) to be able to see the education tab while flying.
-Thor- [165392]
It is rather odd that you can still travel while being in an education course, but can not "start" the courses while flying. Really niche, but I'm not sure why it'd be prevented anyways.
Smokey123 [248901] Helper
I think this is very situational. It makes sense to start the education whilst in torn. I don’t see any reason for the education to be visible whilst flying. Just begin the course when you get back to torn :P simple..
MasterF1re [2854737]
It's more about QoL, and being able to see/plan what courses you're doing next, while flying. Adds another option to do, while flying, asidea from reading the wiki, and forums. I am not suggesting that we be able to start the courses while flying!
RavenInfinity [2864154]
Yeah I agree with all of this - I’d honestly love to be able to see the education courses as we’re flying, and giving the computer more functionality would also make it more true to real life
JackKelly [2271177]
You aren't suggesting that, but it would be suggested sooner rather than later, hell I think people have already suggested being able to start classes while flying.

Regardless, with courses taking anywhere from a week to a month to complete, there is no real urgency to plan your next course while on a 1 hour to 8 hour flight. Flights are supposed to be boring.
MasterF1re [2854737]
Fair enough, I see your point. It just doesn't make sense to me that it wouldn't operate like the stock market, where you can still see the numbers/details, while flying, but can't sell or buy. If you could see all the courses on offer, but not be able to start any while flying, that'd line up with the way the stock market works
JackKelly [2271177]
I don't think they consider those two things linked.

Stocks for example, you used to be able to buy/sell and everything while on a flight. As long as you had a lap top. When the stocks system was updated you could then only view them with the lap top. Then the side bar was added to flights and you didn't need the laptop to view them anymore. So stocks have been an ever-evolving system, whereas educations have been the same since before I began, and you've never been able to see them during a flight with or without a laptop.

I may be mistaken, but you can't see the company page either. The faction page you can look at, but can't extend the war or chain hubs, or access any of the management tabs, even if you're the leader. So all the icons have their own limitations on what can and can't be seen or interacted with during flights.
MasterF1re [2854737]
Ahhh okay, I didn't know that history, about stocks.

I see your point about all the icons having their own limitations. I simply think it'd be a nice ability to have, to be able to look at the educations (with a laptop, perhaps). Thank you for your opinion and time