Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Help a Noob

Started by HarlandofGreed [2970484] on in Questions & Answers.

18 replies · 453 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
17
Likes on archived posts
28
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

Most-liked replies

Pakliuvom [1676337]
As others have mentioned, you're quite far from owning your own company. If you put the effort in and learn about the game and do the right things though, you'll get there eventually.
WiseTheRumGone [2078276]
I'm gonna say this just because I think it needs to be said.

you CAN start your own company, many types are very cheap to run and don't necessarily require education, HOWEVER (and I'm speaking from experience), it requires that you are a very active player, be willing to lose many, MANY millions for weeks/months to star up (nobody wants to work for a 1* sweet shop)

I did exactly that with a software company, and although it ended up being a success I spent a good 200 million getting it up in stars over several months, I spent an average of 5 hours a week recruiting and doing research into how I can make it profitable

the current you is not ready for that. you have no net-worth, and it looks like you don't have a way to make money.
-Mono- [1896033]
Pull my finger and youll find out..

On a serious note though, without the education for it and the disposable cash on hand, you'll probably just end up wasting time and money...
tejdog1 [2038227]
Let me give you some extremely helpful advice I wish I'd gotten when I first started.
Grind the beginner jobs, and get to the highest rank in all of them. It will take some time, but it's so worth it.
Securop [2247082] Officer Officer
Hi!

My advice would be to first work at different places to get to know how it works to be a good employee. After a while, once you acquired more knowledge about companies, you want to complete the education courses and also want to buy the company stock blocks. So this will probably take a while.

Or, if you really want to, after level 10, you can go to the job listing in the newspaper and start your company there. Or buy one from another player.

Thread best suits the Q&A forums - moved to Q&A
Rodrick [1402437]
Sometimes the old ways are still the best. Take a job in a grocery store and work your way up and build up your stats. When you max out there, take another starter job, such as a hospital job and work your way up there. Do this for all the starter jobs and you might have enough job stats to be a decent employee for a player owned company. By that stage you will probably have a fair idea of where you want to work. Try and get the best deal you can, so read up and learn what is the average sort of deal on offer for someone with your sort of job stats.
In the meantime, look at the education courses and take those courses that will help you reach your goal of running your own company, along with those that will help you get there. This game requires long-term planning if you want to get anywhere.
GassyTerps [1444838]
This is the answer to your question: Click "News" in the toolbar-> click Job Listings-> Click the company type you would like to start/learn about-> click the flag icon to start the company