Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

New Account

Started by BarbieBanks [1716789] on in Questions & Answers.

12 replies · 243 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
14
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100
BarbieBanks [1716789]
Is this correct?

If I want to make a new account on Mon 1st Jan, 2024 - All I have to do is deactivate and close my current account two weeks before my restart date (18th Dec 2023 or earlier) and not touch it after that and that's it?

(I don't know if deactivation and closing are the same thing)
Prwrld [2937519]
Chill bro, u didn't even care to know why they want to deactivate their account.. that's what u should have ask for in the first place... In this life, money isn't everything
IndyCision [2597200]
You have to completely start from scratch with no interaction or transfer of anything from your existing account too.
(So you cannot give it to someone else to give to your new account, or give them the $8b and they just happen to give you a load of gifts for a similar value over time, etc. etc.)

I cannot remember if there is a second part to it (you have to click on the close your account link, and then after 2 weeks I think you have to confirm/close it, and THEN after doing that you can create the new one)

In general, unless you have REALLY screwed the pooch and became a faction scammer or something that is going to follow you around, you are better off NOT restarting. Ignore whether your account age makes your account "look old and weak for your age" if you haven't been playing much for big part of it - a lot of stuff is time gated and it will take a long time to get back all the work stats etc. that you have now.
BarbieBanks [1716789]
Is it true that if I close my account on 1st Dec, I have to log back in and confirm closure on 15th Dec?

I thought once I clicked close, I couldn't touch it?
Nobody [237547]
Would take you another 10 years to get the 10 year merit, better to just spend all your cash on cans and train it if that's the issue?
IndyCision [2597200]
It should tell you when you click on the close account button.
I'm just too nervous to click it to get the details in case it doesn't give me an "are you sure" confirmation screen.

@Bogie - can you weigh in on this please?

Edit: According to the wiki yes, after 14 days you have to complete the deletion process.
https://wiki.torn.com/wiki/NewAccount

You close it, and after 14 days (during which you can cancel the closure) you can tell it to finalise the deletion. and THEN you create your new one.
IndyCision [2597200]
Very quick (and possibly daft) question...

Why are you wanting to restart just because it is the year you turn 30?
You created the account on the year you turned 20...
Are you going to want to recreate it yet again when you turn 40?

If you *DO* restart, make sure you do the biology education first to unlock bloodbags and see which blood type you get, and if you are AB+ then restart again. Re-read your previous thread from 4 months ago about advice for a new player.