Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Crypto Cashes In ! OFFICIAL WAR THREAD

Started by MeanMike [1884314] on in Faction Discussion.

15,292 replies · 462k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 15,293 / 15,293 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

RobberHood [2361494]
Yeah I'm the same, not into it at all but doing my part.

I think PT and CR are gonna really regret it when Halloween and Christmas town comes around

I'm gonna spam them with so much unwanted candy that they'll shove a dirty bomb up their butts and quit the game

That's how I roll, I never forget, Halloween 2033 and ima still be sending candy to your 1200 days afk accounts bitches

Eat it and weep
Scotty [531427]
Went Golf with my dad over the weekend, noticed he brought extra pairs of socks with him. I said what are all the socks for.
He said just incase i get a hole in one.
ChickadeeV [2643923]
Agree with the first half, the mechanics of territory wars are not as fun and its forcing this war to continue for a really long arse time which is started to really degrade my interest in the game. I fight of course but the game is very much feeling like an obligation, such is the nature of such a big war dragging on for so long. I would much rather a king of the hill style fight where everyone adjacent can assault a tile and its just an absolute frenzy for a while (like eliminations) and the results are pretty clear in short order, either victory or stalemate. You could of course play it long and pick away till they relent and accept a deal (as we all know you can pick to start a war but you don't get to dictate when it ends), but most of the major decisions would be sorted pretty quickly without fake walls imo.

The second half is just a bit mental. it takes some pretty crazy mental gymnastics to sit on the best land in the game and complain about people making you defend your title. Imagine being the top athlete and complaining about people constantly wanting to challenge you to try and beat you. You don't need territory to play in torn, its just more passive income and something to do. This isn't like defending your home country this is defending conquered land, nothing wrong with that but please reign it back on the valiant defender attitude.

And before anyone reads more into this and harps on about moral in CRyPTo cracking, I was feeling this way when we were winning. Ranked wars have a defined period and good rewards, I got spoiled with fun mechanics and territory wars feel like a step back.
Punish3r [671176]
Bro. You literally tell that to everyone. You’re a scrub lol crawl back in your hole get back to your diabolical plans to take over all of torn one green leaf faction at a time
cookdandbombd [2450557] Reporter
Sorry to hear you're so fed up again, I remember how down you got about the last war. I was talking to friends in old AK facs this week and definitely understand why so many WW guys are burned out now. Apparently during the first island attempt this year a lot of the rank and file members simply gave up and went back to training until it was just the leads left hitting. Anyway, try and have some fun man. Wars of this scale don't come along too often, so it's important to wring every bit of entertainment and joy possible out of it.

Edit: I'll point out I'm speaking generally here about support facs who are experiencing their second island war of the year. A lot of them are also unhappy about who they're allied with now.
cookdandbombd [2450557] Reporter
It's definitely a tough adjustment for some to make, but man, I f**king love it. The intensity of RW is cool (although people even find that quite long-winded these days), but large-scale territory warfare is insane. I was lucky to be involved with all the AK wars very early on in my game, and I was just blown away by it all. Up til that point it had been train and chain, train and chain. Then all of a sudden I'm grouping stat beasts and helping to bring them down.

I dunno... people have all these ideas of how things should be in Torn, but I just love what we have already. There's no other game quite like it, it's genius.
dunmugmeh [538353]
To be honest. Big wars like this are a turn off.

I do work a lot and i sleep. My form is good when im here im doing stuff in the war.

I know what to do and when to do it but im not always here.

I literally missed the whole Monarch/Natural Selection war due to work but i did some bits in the last day.

Sitting on stacked energy is a big downer.

The no shows in this war are doing NOTHING at all. Because they think like i do. They dont like it and dont want any part in it.

I have to do something and i am. Its going to look very odd if i dont do anything. It is my duty as a 'big' player to do my part in this war for the faction.

Yes many players will be training their energy now. I only train when the xanax would take me over 1000 energy.

I am trying my best to crush your faction into smithereens


There are passengers in every faction. The passengers can be seen easily now.

For what its worth. I am being targetted in this war. Yes the enemy ie PT etc can see what im doing. PT and their allies are taking me out when they see me hitting.

I dont like this war big time. I dont want to fight PT. But im doing it to end this nonsense as fast as possible.

In the meantime the no shows in every faction are doing nothing ....
Td3h [1785428]
This is the dumbest shit I've read in 311 pages. Almost impressive. Burnout in WW? Do you want a real record how things are right now?

1. Morale is sky high because we've been winning every major battle.
2. We see PT & CR basically 2v1'ing us in Monarch and still struggling badly. The moment another faction opens a wall with CR we know we'll win both walls.
3. The first day of the first wall was insanely tough. But now as crypto starts losing the snowball effect is out in full force. Where you got 20k attacks in an evening on us back then now it takes you a whole day.
4. We know our faction income supports warring this grandiose. I cant help but wonder how much longer cryptos coffers can endure this. I'm sure individuals will jump in and help but they certainly wont do that forever.
Td3h [1785428]
Spin spin spin spin we've only seen BARELY more attacks done by PT than by CR on all these walls .
Overseer [2143302]
I feel that tbh, I may have been sitting on a full stack, training 250e and restacking to not waste *as* much e. It sucks. Im so close to my goals, but at this rate i might reach them in 6 months.
Vernunzio [730674]
TLDR:

Td3h begging Crypto to give up because he knows his own faction is the champs at giving up. He also bolded some stuff.
THEFERRETT [2352197]
4.1 billion battle statistics and FINELY TUNED = PROBLEM CHILD


14:53:39
22/07/23
  • mitza (and 6 others) attacked and hospitalized you [view]
    14:52:09
    22/07/23
  • SlaineTroyard (and 8 others) attacked and hospitalized you [view]
    14:50:53
    22/07/23
  • mitza (and 12 others) attacked and hospitalized you [view]
    14:49:51
    22/07/23
  • Mhanlayy attacked you but -Chris- fought him off [view]
    14:49:31
    22/07/23
  • Ashleywok (and 6 others) attacked and hospitalized you [view]
    14:48:52
    22/07/23
  • Mhanlayy (and 5 others) attacked and hospitalized you [view]
    14:46:28
    22/07/23
  • Clamp (and 8 others) attacked and hospitalized you [view]
    14:45:16
    22/07/23
  • GreenWall attacked you but lost [view]
    14:45:08
    22/07/23
  • Whiskey_Jack attacked and hospitalized you [view]
    13:59:46
    22/07/23
  • MonkeyMagic (and 6 others) attacked you [view]
    13:49:38
    22/07/23
  • veramon (and 3 others) attacked and hospitalized you [view]
    13:42:21
    22/07/23
  • Mizturbenne (and 2 others) attacked and hospitalized you [view]
    12:53:06
    22/07/23
  • Darkfire (and 7 others) attacked and hospitalized you [view]
    12:51:56
    22/07/23
  • RagnarLodbrok attacked you but Yiddles fought him off [view]
    12:51:26
    22/07/23
  • Sindree (and 16 others) attacked and hospitalized you [view]