Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Conditional bounties

Started by Rca [1860888] on in Suggestions.

9 replies · 104 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
12
Authority score
27 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100
Rca [1860888]
The idea is simple really, when you place a bounty on a player you put forward a set amount and regardless of the conditions for their hospitalisation the person claiming the bounty gets a set reward.

My suggestion is to be able to add a number of limited, fixed, conditions to bounties that offer extra payments per condition met. For example:
  • Ability to add extra payment if the hospitalisation is made abroad (encourages bounty seeking and makes them more impactful)
  • Ability to add extra payment if the hospitalisation is over a certain time length (rewards those getting a 5 hour hosp over a 3 hour hosp)
I'm sure there are more but I don't think it needs to be too over the top, but I'd definitely pay up to double for example for a hosp abroad than I would in Torn as it adds a new dimension to the difficulties of navigating bounties.

Thanks
Elizabeth [2339829]
I'm a bit split here.

Overseas bonus is a reeeeeaaaally good idea, but I also know that some people will just make those bounties reward more to begin with and I don't know how open to the idea Ched would be.

Hosp length bonus is just not gonna happen. That's entirely RNG and the player has very little control over that. It makes sense, sure, but it'd only really be feasible if players could strongly affect how long someone goes to the hosp for.
Rca [1860888]
Thanks, helpful feedback.

I think the point is on them in general that a lot more money can be offered up to take out of the game and I would pay up to 1m total for a hosp abroad but never do that because the chances aren't high.

On hosp length, you can extend this with faction perks and merits so there is incentive there, even if there's an element of RNG/luck, which applies to lots of mechanics in this game.
Drixxum [1602711]
I dont see abroad being a viable option either as it may just lead to bounties timing out less frequent?

And for hosp length the bonus should be based on minimum time with full merits/half (or more) faction - leads to some rng chances for those without it - but can add value to those merits/fac perks
Nilfgaardczyk [2406770]
So it should be like:
You place bounty, you got a box for abroad bonus you place bonus money or leave it free. Now when target is in the town bounty on him is let's say 1$ but if you met him abroad it's 3m. If he gets hosped in the town you can withdraw bonus money (with tax) from a bank.

And hosp time bonus should be counted as % of max time possible it the game (full merit, full aggression, max red RW bonus). And works like abroad bonus. If you extend hosp time by 50 of max possible you got half of bonus and rest goes to bounty lister's bank account.

Sounds like a fun. I would use it for sure.
Mephesto [1932248]
If you're okay with it I'd like to add somewhat of a "Repeat offender" bonus and a "no stealth" bonus.

Repeat offender would be gain an extra set amount of money for every time you collect a bounty on that one person (assuming more than 1 bounty was placed)

Alternatively. No stealth would be just that. Make the hit without stealth. - I just wanna see drama