Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Pacifist Build?

Started by Ymir [2515063] on in Questions & Answers.

6 replies · 311 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
10
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100

Most-liked replies

Ymir [2515063]
I'm trying to think about role playing as pacifist here on torn, building Def + Dex, leaving off Str and Spd. I'd rather focus on building networth and building a faction, company, etc. If that's the case what would I miss?
HoongZai [1624592]
Quite a fair bit I would say. The most glaring being that you will be a burden to your very own faction you are trying to build. If you have little to no strength and speed, you can do little to no damage meaning you can't effectively chain. That aside, you will be giving up many attack merits. Not all of them are out of reach but most of those affected merits will require much more effort and cost for very little return. Also, you will be giving up most of your mission points since you will unlikely be able to complete over 90% of duke mission as they usually involve attacking and winning someone.
Ymir [2515063]
I see, what about the idea of whoring def and follow up below by balanced str + spd? I'm trying to set up an optimized build for the long run.
Odin-All-Father [2010524]
Not really considering you need like 64x as much dex as someone’s speed to zero theirnchance of hitting whereas you only need like 14x as much def as someone’s strength to mitigate all damage.

Sure shot, one of the cheapest RW bonus weapons is a guaranteed hit no matter the dex, whereas weaken requires you to do damage for it to proc.

def > dex, ideally you want a healthy amount of all 4 stats tbh.