Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

HT Rules

Started by Nobody [237547] on in Faction Discussion.

29 replies · 1.68k views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 30 / 30 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
30
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

D3vl [710249] ×1 BraveKath [1815519] ×1

Nobody [237547]
So... I originally wrote this because HT had some unwritten rules. Namely, one member was buying losses, the losses appeared to come from multies to that user, and they did not pay because they did not want to risk being flagged for what could look like RMT or multies. I don't remember all the details, but if I remember correctly, it appeared as if one and one account logged in and did all their hits on one account after another, appearing to be a single user who dumped energy on each account.

I shared these rules with Monarch after the mess with Batman, I don't remember all the details there either, but I believe there was some scam claim there as well? I also shared it with a few others, namely BraveKath and a few other people I knew from my faction history.

Anyway, D3vl lost his mind when I told him I shared the rules I wrote with Monarch. "This is faction property" he said, and I said "I wrote this and I never sold it, so this is my property" I said.

In the end, I think that factions having written rules is a good thing. While the following rules may not be what you want for your faction, they might be a good place to start for some.

That said, what is some rules you think is valuable to have written in most factions? Do you think factions benefit from written rules, or do you think unwritten rules is obvious enough that there is no need to write them down?
____________________

Faction Rules

As a member in HT it is your duty to stay up to date on the rules we have, as well as honoring them. The rules and requirements will change and grow along with our faction, but we will be sure to update any significant changes in newsletters.

Faction Dynamics
- Organized Crimes are handled by the faction and benefits the faction. If you are on the PA team you will get a X% cut, while PA lead will get a X% cut.
- The faction announcement is our primary communication platform, we will announce everything within 1 week in the faction announcement. If something happens within 1 week, we will send out a faction newsletter. It is your duty to read the faction announcement on a regular basis.
- We want as many as possible of our members to sign up to TornStats, this will help us in calculating any war that is initiated by us or declared on us.

Chaining
- You need to successfully hit at least 22 people on a daily basis during announced chains, preferably landing hits on people sitting on potentially friendly walls if you can. If you are unable to do so (due to low stats and similar) we recommend hitting mission targets to optimize/combine chains with personal growth.
- Unless your stats are so high that you could damage the friendly wall by wasting their energy, you need to jump on the wall as often as possible. This is something you can combine with small first aid kit to get the 25k medical items used. If you are able to hit 50 people off a friendly wall, you are also able to jump on a wall for our friends.
- Failure to participate in chains and war are acceptable so long that such failure is not repetitive. With exception to wars declared on us, absence from participation requires you to communicate that information either on *this was an absence thread* or directly to someone listed in the faction announcement. We understand that medical and legal information is private information, we don't need the scale, but we need a topic.
- Training in the gym to a mentionable degree during chains and/or wars that we initiate are prohibited. Informing anyone listed in the Faction Announcement that you are in any situation that prohibits you from performing to faction standards gives you a pass, in such a situation you are subject to being replaced temporarily until your return.

War
- It is your duty to jump on the walls to defend and/or attack our enemies. Even if they knock you off within 5s, it still costs them energy. Wasting the energy of our competitors is as important as actually defeating them.
- If you have the stats to defeat someone, it is your duty to defeat them. If you can't defeat anyone in the enemy faction, you can still assist with smokes and/or work together with others within our faction in group attacks.
- Stay online/check as often as possible, just because you may not have the stats we all rely on you. Signing out for days just because you feel demoralized is not an excuse to avoid Torn. Remember, together we are strong...

Public Relations
- Scamming is not allowed in any way, shape or form. We define "scamming" as building any kind of relation, trust or communication what so ever. If you set up a random trade with a suggestive title, create a thread, chat or anything, we see it as a final deal between you and the individual in question. This does not include buy-mugging where no communication found place.
- If you are unaware of any part of a topic, avoid giving a concrete comment. We always want people to be curios, we do not however want people to offend other factions/people on unfounded opinions. If you are trolling/joking, make it obvious, and show respect.

Internal Relations
- Never bring any of our members down. If you want to discuss LGBT, religion, science or anything with a deep personal meaning/opinion, take it to a personal chat. Generic stuff like "I'm gay/christian/conspiracist" is allowed, or simply stating that you disagree because you have a certain world view. Avoid criticizing your fellow members, and remember that this is a game. We all play this as a game, and this is not the platform to win people over to your IRL view.
- Get on the faction Discord channel, contact a leader for an invite link. Stay active there as often as you can, checking in for 5 minutes twice a day should be more than enough for most days.
- While not a rule, we want to encourage all our members to help each other. Torn is a messy place with random changes, your knowledge could help someone else tremendously. Be on the lookout for questions whenever you can.on our Discord channel.

Announce Your Skills
- We want to know about all our members who has a skill, be it graphical, scripting/coding, spreadsheets or whatever. We want to draw strength from wherever we can, be sure to let a leader know about your skills that could potentially help us.

By following these rules you are considered a valuable member, we will rise together and meet tomorrow with whatever comes at us. Together we are strong.

Mentions: BraveKath [1815519] · D3vl [710249]

RectumRaider [1454569]
What? D3vl over reacting over something small and meaningless?


That doesn’t sound like the upstanding, calm-headed member of the community that we all know him as.
0xHemlock [2662912]
Man, you got me to read that whole thing thinking there was some juicy drama in it. There wasn't, and I'm disappointed. D3vl overreacting is normal, these rules are normal, you never came back to that loss-selling thing, and now I'm wasting more time typing up a reply.

Is this meant to be an example of good rules to implement in a faction? Reframe your post and introduction to that effect and this post will make a lot more sense. No one cares that Monarch saw it, some guy sold shady losses, or D3vl complained again.
Beerstein [1322136]
Would never read that much for a faction, either you're reasonable with unwritten rules or you're not. If you gotta write a booklet I'm not interested, just don't be run like a shitshow.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
f**k rules. I get confused when ppl ask me "hey dede what is the faction rule?". I wanna say don't talk too much, don't whine so much, and stfu as rules but I'm afraid ppl may get offended :(

Anyway imo vision, mission, and plans are more important to discuss than rules. In many factions rules are to anyone but leadershit and their friends tbh.
dunmugmeh [538353]
Every sizable faction has rules.

I think its best not to go with overkill with that though. The rules have to be short and sweet or a lot of members literally wont read them.

Vision and a intrepid intent at playing the game are enough!
A_Mean_Person [1631303]
At Nuke we dont have rules, we just have a thread with 50 (wall of text) posts explaining the RAD system.

Now seriously I see no point in listing rules of what should be common sense...

I'm ok with activity related goals that are used as a metric to see if a player is a valid contributer for the group or not. Or OC etiquette rules as it effects others.
(And think those should be clearly stated/explained so everyone has similar expectations).

But other than that, I'd say common sense and civility should be enough.