As real as this game seem, we all still need to go back to real life...Just an advise..
Go touch grass
Started by Charleston83 [2776425] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 34 / 34 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 34
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 38 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 57 / 100
- Engagement score
- 69 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Shenzi [2410113]
· 34 likes ·
Got hayfever grass can go f**k itself.... Plus Theres people outside I dont like people..... - Quinxa [2730602]
· 6 likes ·
Touching grass, which is often used metaphorically to encourage someone to take a break, go outside, or connect with nature, can actually offer several physical and mental benefits. While "touching grass" itself is a playful way to refer to these … - Lady_Face [679926]
· 3 likes ·
While I would love to be able to "Go connect with nature" there are at least a couple roadblocks. 1. I live in a desert. There is no grass. Not gonna go petting the cacti. 2. I'm allergic to sunlight. …
Got hayfever grass can go f**k itself....
Plus
Theres people outside
I dont like people.....
Plus
Theres people outside
I dont like people.....
I thought Torn was real life? O.o
Here's another piece of advice: leave the GD forum alone, for if you take your own advice, and go back to real life...
I'd rather smoke some than touch some.
This is probably the crappiest shit post I have seen all week. At least make a GOD DAMN EFFORT
poor grass getting groped without consent
I live in a desert
don't let the door hit you on the way out
You recognized after 4 hours played in 450 days ... well, thx for your infinite wisdom and sharing with us.
Telling people to "touch grass" is so f**king lazy. Just post "I am awesome and my dick is legendary" or something like that if you really need to feel superior for a few minutes, at least make it funny because nobody is buying it.
Touching grass, which is often used metaphorically to encourage someone to take a break, go outside, or connect with nature, can actually offer several physical and mental benefits. While "touching grass" itself is a playful way to refer to these advantages, spending time outdoors and engaging with nature can have numerous positive effects on well-being. Here are ten advantages:
- Stress Reduction: Interacting with nature, including touching grass, has been shown to reduce stress levels and promote relaxation. The natural environment can help lower cortisol levels and improve overall mood.
- Improved Mental Health: Being in nature is associated with reduced symptoms of anxiety and depression. Touching and feeling the texture of grass can offer a grounding and soothing experience.
- Enhanced Cognitive Function: Spending time outdoors and engaging with nature has been linked to improved focus, attention, and creativity. It can also help alleviate mental fatigue.
- Vitamin D Absorption: Being outside exposes you to natural sunlight, which is a natural source of vitamin D. Adequate vitamin D levels are essential for bone health, immune function, and overall well-being.
- Physical Activity: Engaging with nature often involves some level of physical activity, whether it's walking, hiking, or playing outdoor sports. Regular physical activity is crucial for maintaining good health and fitness.
- Boosted Immune System: Spending time in nature has been associated with a stronger immune system, potentially due to increased exposure to beneficial microorganisms.
- Connection with Nature: Touching grass and immersing oneself in nature fosters a sense of connection with the environment, promoting environmental awareness and stewardship.
- Better Sleep: Exposure to natural light during the day and being in sync with the natural circadian rhythm can help regulate sleep patterns, leading to improved sleep quality.
- Increased Vitamin D Production: When you're outside and exposed to sunlight, your skin produces vitamin D, which is vital for various bodily functions, including bone health and immune system support.
- Mindfulness and Presence: Being in nature and engaging with the sensory experience of touching grass can encourage mindfulness and a sense of being present in the moment, reducing rumination and promoting overall mental well-being.
As stated the only benefit i get from doing any of that is itchy eyes a runny nose and the inability to breath
no
what do you mean, as real as this game seems? You need to cut back on whatever acid you're sucking cos this isn't VR we're playing here
Go touch yourself.
"Just an advise"
"Just an advise"
I guess touching grass is probably less embarrassing than touching cloth ....
While I would love to be able to "Go connect with nature" there are at least a couple roadblocks. 1. I live in a desert. There is no grass. Not gonna go petting the cacti. 2. I'm allergic to sunlight. I don't like the hives and instant blistering that occurs when I go outside when the sun is out while living in a place where the temperature is always set to "Roast in Hell". 3. With the enormous influx of people moving here there has created a population explosion that has manifested huge crowds of people so that one can't even drive anywhere without massive delays. This hoard of people has turned a once quiet sleepy town into something I can only liken to a full cattle yard waiting for the train. 4. I have Anthropophobia.
(you can go look up that word)
But otherwise, I encourage as many as possible to go out and enjoy the outdoors. See the world. It used to be a beautiful one as I remember it.
(you can go look up that word)
But otherwise, I encourage as many as possible to go out and enjoy the outdoors. See the world. It used to be a beautiful one as I remember it.