22 replies · 1.27k views · thread synced · 6 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
23
Discussion span
→
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Thalos[1877755]
· 1 likes · Well update on that [image: i.gyazo.com] It worked By my estimate that would put me in the top 12,000 for networth from where I am currently at 20,000, and I was only buying clothes for like 5-10 minutes. Any one …
Has anyone else noticed their net worth has been on the rise for no particular reason? Despite going on a 100m poker loss over the last week, which was funded by selling items, my inventory net worth has gone up close to 400m.
In the actual items tab torn tools says my inventory (including display case) shouldn't be more that at best 450m, but in the home live networth its at like 1.1b. Anyone else seeing something similar?
Next question is if I start bulk buying these clothes on the market, and the new NW sticks around long enough, will I be able to artificially inflate my NW into a new bracket and grab a free merit ;))
It's not that as hard as you think. Say the dude has 100 rare clothes. All he gotta do is put the rare clothes no one buys for 1b in his bazaar, asking a friend to buy hisown rare clothes for 1b each few times a day, then booyah the dude will have 100b nw. Eventho in reality he is still not. And eventho he doesn't actually spend money to buy n sell the clothes.
By my estimate that would put me in the top 12,000 for networth from where I am currently at 20,000, and I was only buying clothes for like 5-10 minutes. Any one know if there is a bug report out on this already?
It's not bug silly. It's how item value mechanism. Average price in a year. Building or removing fake nw can be really easy if you know how. The question later will be, can the guy actually afford buy anything or not. If not, then it doesn't actually disturb torn in general so doubt ched will do anything. Just more gullible ppl can be scammed perhaps.
True, only exploit I can see coming from this though is using it to get the hall of fame top 250 merit. Would need about 124b worth of inflated items which could probably be done in a day or two easy.
No way in hell I'm about to try and manipulate an item for 100+ days for a merit, but it would be pretty easy to trigger the 50b networth rank trigger this way. Although I like the celebrity title just as much as the supreme title so no need for me to do it myself.