I support Islam, but even I thought Volk won that. I was always mad that Max Holloway, another one of my favorites, was robbed at UFC 251, but Volk took any doubt away in the third fight. His survival against those traingle and guillotine chokes were nothing less than out of this world. Only seen it before when Khabib survived that Poirier guillotine. Aside from all of this, Volk is such a likeable and respectful dude. And what a warior... Never give up always going forward.
Posts archived: 176 / 176 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Anybody watching TUF 31?
- You won $19,000,000 on your $10,000,000 Alex Pereira (2-Way Full event) bet on Jan Blachowicz v Alex Pereira
05:01:09
30/07/23 - You won $26,200,000 on your $10,000,000 Derrick Lewis (2-Way Full event) bet on Derrick Lewis v Marcos Lima
04:41:07
30/07/23
That Derrick Lewis post fight interview was one of the best I've ever seen? taking his trunks off and everything?
I think he made a lot of people money that night. I don't know how he was the underdog but anybody that I knew was predicting, predicted him.
Congrats on the wins. f**kin Pereira too, up a weight class against one of the top in it.
Fake Paul vs Nate Diaz starts soon. Should be a joke
I think he made a lot of people money that night. I don't know how he was the underdog but anybody that I knew was predicting, predicted him.
Congrats on the wins. f**kin Pereira too, up a weight class against one of the top in it.
Fake Paul vs Nate Diaz starts soon. Should be a joke
This is sideshow boxing. Neither of them would stand a chance against a half decent cruiserweight.
Fun to watch though.
Fun to watch though.
Well him being an underdog made a lot of sense actually. He was on a skid. He's just a one trick pony, whereas Lima can submit a guy. Something Lewis has no answer to. I just never saw Lewis this fit and determined as leading up to this fight. And the odds were great.
I know I'm one of the loners in this, but I absolutely don't enjoy Lewis' talk. It's incoherent bs and makes me cringe. Dude sounds to me with very limited brain capacity. I don't get the hype. I prefer witty humor over some cringy balls are hot talk.
Yeah shame that Wonderboy didn't get to fight. I totally understand his reasoning to turn down the fight.
I know I'm one of the loners in this, but I absolutely don't enjoy Lewis' talk. It's incoherent bs and makes me cringe. Dude sounds to me with very limited brain capacity. I don't get the hype. I prefer witty humor over some cringy balls are hot talk.
Yeah shame that Wonderboy didn't get to fight. I totally understand his reasoning to turn down the fight.
Crazy KO for Suga, that guy possess insane power in his right hand
Ever since that Yan fight I've been thinking he wouldn't have a prayer against Sterling. Shows what I know
Absolutely... Crazy how people say early stoppage. You should protect yourself at all time. So many bombs landed without defending or answering. Absolutely crazy. Curious how Sean would do against Merab. Merab has that wrestling, but way better striking than Aljo, as shown in his fight against Yan. Ngl, happy Aljo got dethroned.
What do you guys think of the other fights? What a domination by Weili and Garry.
Btw anybody else watched TUF and thought it was one of the most boring ever?
What do you guys think of the other fights? What a domination by Weili and Garry.
Btw anybody else watched TUF and thought it was one of the most boring ever?
Sean is dangerous for every fighter in that division. Crisp striking and very tall. As we know taller skinny fighters usually have an advantage. And a good hit can suddenly change everything in the fight.
Sean is skinny but he has insane power for someone his size.
Weili dominant as expected. She's so technical all around. IMO the best p4p women in the current roster.
Garry is great, definitely a rising star. Has the reach and height with good striking. I would like to see him fight a good striker as well, maybe Shavkat or Wonderboy.
I don't really watch TUF so yeah no comments.
Weili dominant as expected. She's so technical all around. IMO the best p4p women in the current roster.
Garry is great, definitely a rising star. Has the reach and height with good striking. I would like to see him fight a good striker as well, maybe Shavkat or Wonderboy.
I don't really watch TUF so yeah no comments.
Absolutely has mad power. By skinny I just meant the weight distribution making it possible to tower over competitors and still be able to fight in that weight class.
I don't think Weili is most technical all-round. I still think it's Valentina. I hope she can adjust from her loss to Grasso.
Yeah Ian called out Wonderboy and a bout against Wonderboy or Rakhmonov would totally make sense. I also think that it's not coincidental when people call somebody out after the fight. I think isually something is in the pipeline already for them to do this. Unless it's some ridiculous uncalled for call-out. I also think Geoff Neal would have been more of a match for Garry than Magny was.
You didn't miss anything not watching this TUF. No legendary bits like "let me bang", "can't let you get close", "snake in the grass" or the things with Nate, Rousey, Rampage and Evans at all.
I don't think Weili is most technical all-round. I still think it's Valentina. I hope she can adjust from her loss to Grasso.
Yeah Ian called out Wonderboy and a bout against Wonderboy or Rakhmonov would totally make sense. I also think that it's not coincidental when people call somebody out after the fight. I think isually something is in the pipeline already for them to do this. Unless it's some ridiculous uncalled for call-out. I also think Geoff Neal would have been more of a match for Garry than Magny was.
You didn't miss anything not watching this TUF. No legendary bits like "let me bang", "can't let you get close", "snake in the grass" or the things with Nate, Rousey, Rampage and Evans at all.
I ranked Valentina as #2 p4p for females after Nunes retirement, but that's just my opinion. But if she beats Grasso in the rematch which I believe she will, she should be #1 again.
We need to see Garry against a well skilled striker to see if he lives up to the hype, cause Magny ain't no striker so he wasn't really tested. But those leg kicks was nasty as hell. Got dropped immediately after the first kick.
The let me bang one was funny af, was it the guy who got knock the f out in the toilet?
We need to see Garry against a well skilled striker to see if he lives up to the hype, cause Magny ain't no striker so he wasn't really tested. But those leg kicks was nasty as hell. Got dropped immediately after the first kick.
The let me bang one was funny af, was it the guy who got knock the f out in the toilet?
Fair enough. I just think that Valentina is more skilled in any area compared to Zhang. Valentina is so darn good in Muy Thai and her wrestling is also very good. I don't see Valentina get caught like Weili against Rose. But yeah she needs to prove herself against Grasso. I agree. Still think in all departments she's the better fighter than Weili.
Garry is more a striker and stand up fighter than anything. He just didn't face serious opposition yet. He faced D-rod and Magny as his biggest names so far. I don't consider them top in any area. I think facing a good wrestler would pose his biggest threat. However, to establish himself as a workd class striker, he should go h2h with a top striker.
Hahaha almost forgot that one about knocking the dude out. That was hilarious. The characters they had there before really made the show fun. And what about young Tony Ferguson. When he said something to a guy who had some problems with his kid. Don't remember exactly what it was, but it made everyone go like: oh no my parenting income XD
Garry is more a striker and stand up fighter than anything. He just didn't face serious opposition yet. He faced D-rod and Magny as his biggest names so far. I don't consider them top in any area. I think facing a good wrestler would pose his biggest threat. However, to establish himself as a workd class striker, he should go h2h with a top striker.
Hahaha almost forgot that one about knocking the dude out. That was hilarious. The characters they had there before really made the show fun. And what about young Tony Ferguson. When he said something to a guy who had some problems with his kid. Don't remember exactly what it was, but it made everyone go like: oh no my parenting income XD
Zhang Weili was awesome. She's never ever ever not working. Kinda stunned that one judge gave a round to Lemos, was anything less than 500% strike differential considered a win or something? I dunno, I used to think she was pretty much all standup (that J-chek fight remains one of the best things I've ever seen) but now she looks like a threat from everywhere.
What happened to Rose, anyway? She had that one "let's not do anything for five rounds" title loss over a year ago and now she's moving up to 125? I've missed her squeaky lil "I'm the best!"
After those first three kicks on Magny I was kinda disappointed that Garry never found a way to finish what was practically a defenseless opponent. Then he followed up by calling out someone even older? Hmm
What happened to Rose, anyway? She had that one "let's not do anything for five rounds" title loss over a year ago and now she's moving up to 125? I've missed her squeaky lil "I'm the best!"
After those first three kicks on Magny I was kinda disappointed that Garry never found a way to finish what was practically a defenseless opponent. Then he followed up by calling out someone even older? Hmm
Agreed. It was absolutely crazy what Weili was showcasing. And her punches are so extremely hard.
Rose has said she's not scared of Weili and wants to pursue something that scares her. Also Rose has always been struggling with mental issues and even considered retiring after he loss. So it's hard to predict what she's thinking. I thought it was extemely cringe of her to bring politics into her fight with Weili, while Weili never said anything political.
Garry is definitely not a likeable guy. But fighting Wonderboy is fighting a really big name. So that may be the thought. And tbh I'd also prefer fighting Wonderboy over Rakhmonov. I did like what Garry said about not hitting your kids. After what Magny said.
Rose has said she's not scared of Weili and wants to pursue something that scares her. Also Rose has always been struggling with mental issues and even considered retiring after he loss. So it's hard to predict what she's thinking. I thought it was extemely cringe of her to bring politics into her fight with Weili, while Weili never said anything political.
Garry is definitely not a likeable guy. But fighting Wonderboy is fighting a really big name. So that may be the thought. And tbh I'd also prefer fighting Wonderboy over Rakhmonov. I did like what Garry said about not hitting your kids. After what Magny said.
I put 50k on the O'Malley fight. So mad I didn't put 100 mil instead haha. Anyone else had a feeling Sean would win?
I mean everyone knew Zhang Weili was gonna win she's a beast. Now that Amanda retired she's the women's current GOAT
Edit: forgot about Valentina somehow (still a filthy noob casual) she's def in that discussion
Edit 2: Let's take a minute to appreciate Aljo in taking his loss like a true champion. I really gained some respect for him
I mean everyone knew Zhang Weili was gonna win she's a beast. Now that Amanda retired she's the women's current GOAT
Edit: forgot about Valentina somehow (still a filthy noob casual) she's def in that discussion
Edit 2: Let's take a minute to appreciate Aljo in taking his loss like a true champion. I really gained some respect for him
Aljo was very humble in the post fight press. He just gets heat for playing the villain.
agreed... hated Aljo, but he definitely took it as a man. I totally feel what you mean. He definitely deserves an immediate rematch
On a sidenote: very happy we got the MMA talk going. It's a beautiful sport and it just felt like there was very little interest in the Torn community for it. Looking forward to seeing all your guys' takes on the upcoming cards. All martial arts competitions and all promotions are welcome to be discussed here.