Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Getting 522 errors on multiple devices

Started by Terekhov [2992325] on in Bugs & Issues.

7 replies · 109 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
5
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100

Most-liked replies

Terekhov [2992325]
Since 4-5 hours ago, I get a 522 error for the Brave browser on:
  • Mac
  • iPhone
For Chrome on Mac - same error. (Brave uses Chromium - similar issue?)

Tried incognito.
Tried dev tools --> clear site data.
Tried switching my DNS to 1.1.1.1 (CloudFlare's DNS)

The only thing that works is using Safari.

I get redirected from CloudFlare, sit on a link like this for a few seconds, and then it tells me I have a 522: https://torn.com/?__cf_chl_tk=ukMg9SPLLsVf8KQ6_CNqDnppXH5Fi4oGLa39joczGSg-1692840150-0-gaNycGzNC-U

Example CloudFlare "RayID" from one of my requests: 7fb7cd55d9925188

---

EDIT -
Very interesting twist to the story I accidentally came across. If I link to this thread on Brave, it works fine - https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16349239&b=0&a=0
  • It's only when I go to torn.com that it will not work.
  • If you go to the forum link and THEN try to use the rest of torn - it works fine. So it's only the plain torn.com URL that appears to fail.
Oddysseus [2940740]
Ok that's f**kin' wack. But it works. Why does it work?

(thank you, i'm tired of having to come to my desk all day lmao)

Except now I can't verify the code in my e-mail. It won't submit, just stays on that page. This is fun. -.-
Terekhov [2992325]
As far as I can tell, the problem is:
  • Normally torn.com is supposed to redirect to www.torn.com
  • However, that does not happen right now, when CloudFlare picks you to be its lucky winner
  • CloudFlare checks work. However, CloudFlare seems to just send you to whatever URL you put in...without any redirect.