Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Colour Coded Education Courses

Started by Celestino86 [2925740] on in Tutorials & Guides.

20 replies · 2.89k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Celestino86 [2925740]
I like to usually have a course in mind for what I will be studying next, because I have already made the mistake clicking on a long course and half way realising, that I could have done something else.

I split the courses by some general categories and desires and this helps me visualise a little bit what I want to do next and which course to aim for in an easier way.

I though to share in case some others are a bit more visual and less texty...

[image: profileimages.torn.com]
MrRightSA [2652679]
Good guide for quick reference - should comp product in Mathematics and in advert eff of comp in Law not be orange as they link back to companies?
Celestino86 [2925740]
to say thank you to whoever liked this, I did a random selection of numbers and no 4 showed.

The 4th person that liked post was:
14:41:29 - 25/08/23 You sent some Xanax to MrRightSA
Celestino86 [2925740]
another small bump and to thank again whoever liked the post random draw...

number 14 was DARKCOCO
18:32:22 - 14/09/23 You sent some Xanax to DARKCOCO

apologies for low prize, but aw well I am not rich yet
Celestino86 [2925740]
edit: added the computer science courses that were missing and to say thanks to last like

15:00:54 - 16/03/24 You sent some Xanax to Captaindustyc
Celestino86 [2925740]

Tiny bump and thanks to 3LI for the like in this forgotten post :)

 

23:08:49 - 07/07/24 You sent some Xanax to 3LI with the message: Thanks for like in education colour code thread

NoDozEquis [3347779]

Took me a second to realise but it's coded to each category and it's above the most relevant diploma for that category. Red is medical, purple is gym gains and so on. 

Celestino86 [2925740]

As answered above, the categories are outlined at the top, usually in the respective fields of each group so gym gains in sports science etc

 

There are a couple of courses missing that were added with the scamming crime, I just haven't had time to add them yet, but I will.

 

22:59:12 - 07/10/24 You sent some Xanax to Paxlynn with the message: thank you for the bump in the thread, was kind of forgotten 

Paxlynn [3430349]

Yes I can see it's split into categories based on the benefits it has, like medical or company. But then there's different colors in each one. A visual key is needed at this point, with that many colors. It could honestly be an entirely separate picture, no big deal. Or just edit the post and highlight text.

Celestino86 [2925740]

not sure what you mean by visual key?

 

You are aware that some courses fall under 2 or more categories right? so you can't have a key for all of them.

 

The whole point of this is to split and see the courses based on your priorities like crime, stat gains etc

Paxlynn [3430349]

I just mean...you make a legend that shows what the colors mean? You just show a box with the color, then type what it stands for. We don't need the categories color codeed since they're already physically split up into sections. Red obviously means medical, but what does the orange and Grey inside of it mean? 

 

If you make a visual graph or chart, you need a legend or labels.

Celestino86 [2925740]

The legend or labels are at the top...

Orange is company boosts and grey is work stats etc...
Them being part of the medical means there is no correlation between the study and the medical degree you simply gain work stat bonuses.

All the labels are at the top of their respective study, but I will see if I can restructure it.

Celestino86 [2925740]

00:24:13 - 19/11/24 You sent some Xanax to PhosphorPork with the message: thank you for visiting the colour codes education post

PantherClaw23 [3456323]

Bump- just found this and im still fairly new. I'm not ready just yet to commit to bachelor's degree one after the other and this helped me set up a path to bonuses I want first before focusing on bachelors degrees, and even sorted bachelor's degree by preference for myself. Thanks a bunch man!!