Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Starfield

Started by Joenix [2911021] on in Gaming.

50 replies · 465 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 51 / 51 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Crapitycrap [2500157]
I bought the premium version of the game a while back. Then I bought a new GPU as a part of my PC upgrade. I didn't know it came with another copy from AMD as an award. I tried to add the 2nd one to my account so I could give to someone else but apparently, it doesn't work like that. I'm not returning my Steam copy because I'm preloaded and ready to go.

Oh well. Next time I will plan better I guess.
A_Mean_Person [1631303]
If you chose steam to redeam the key and tried to use it it would have given you an activation error as it was for a product you already owned, then its still usable by someone else, just got to give them the key to activate on their own account and all is well with the world.
Crapitycrap [2500157]
AMD makes you install a product verification tool to ensure you bought and installed the said product when providing the key. I will check to see if I'm past that step to make sure though.

Edit: Just looked again. It's tied to my specific AMDrewards account and purchased hardware, but not specifically to my steam account. I'm OK with it overall. I just don't like letting things go to waste.
A_Mean_Person [1631303]
I've made a few game trades on Barter were i had to log in people's AMD accounts to claim their rewards. I though they had changed it since to codes by email after claim, but not sure.

Either way it was possible to claim it by other people.

I've been an Nvidea guy for the last decade or so... They havent offered me anything though. xD
Sannemander [2088627]
I'm not going to lie, and probably will love playing it, Bethesda will never get to me to the same level of dedication to a game as oblivion did, everything after was just a kind of a different version of it. I don't expect anything groundbreaking, but it surely will be good entertainment.
Dable [2118383]
If you've had a chance to play what are your impressions so far?

I've only played the first two story missions and explored a bit of New Atlantis but I definitely have some issues with it.

The local map is horrible, can you even call it a map? For a game that should be and was flaunted as being about exploration it's a massive oversight. I have been trying to justify in my head why they did this, I can only think perhaps because of the number of different planets. I really hope they change this if it is possible, I think this is my biggest issue to far. It really breaks immersion, looks tacky and cheap and..

It feels like your pushed towards fast travelling everywhere, which again is against the spirit of exploration.
Would we(I) really want to have a full traversable galaxy/universe, probably not, I already spent way too many hours in Elite Dangerous just getting from A to B. Yet the way it comes across to me in Starfield is it just all feels disconnected.

Not being able to fully explore the planets/moons was not expected but probably should have been. It's kind of more like Mass Effect in which you dropped down to a planets surface in the Mako and got a, well I guess a medium sized area to explore. Which I would be completely okay with but even here with the lack of a proper local map, just some icons and no ground vehicles(yes running planet side from one location to another felt like it could take some time, the maps are not tiny) it feels like you are again pushed towards fast-travelling.

When you're in space it's like you're just put in this little bubble and you can fly around and have space battles but you can't actually go anywhere. The only way to get out is to fast travel somewhere or jump to another system. That being said, there was an instance where I flew over to a space station and docked with it. Although the docking played out in a cut-scene it felt much better than just selecting a location from a menu and loading in to it, I actually travelled there.



Again I just want to point out that I haven't played that much yet but these are my initial impressions of what I have played.
Also yes these are pretty much all negative things and I haven't expressed the things I do like.

I have read that completing the second story mission unlocks three new missions and that completing one of those three "reveals a big part of what Starfield is" so I am looking forward to getting to that. Hopefully it's not another let down.

I really hope it gets better, and I've heard it does after the initial few hours. Fly safe captains! o7
Pantherx [273777]
I've been playing since Sept 1st(early release). There are things that I could complain about, but why bother? I'm having a blast.

Easily a candidate for RPG game of the year.
A_Mean_Person [1631303]
For me it would be just that, a candidate, probably not even top 3... In my personal opinion Baldurs Gate 3 is miles apart from everything else this year.

But hey, Starfield will keep me entertained for a while all the same, specially when the mods start popping up like wild shrooms.

No one even fixed the freakish googly eyes of the NPC's yet, so got a bit of waiting to do and endure it as is...
Dable [2118383]
The eyes? Is this like how everyone freaked out over the character models in Andromeda?

Maybe it was just the people on Mars. Haven't you seen total recall? :p

I agree that bg3 possibly deserves goty over starfield yet the more I play the more I fall in love with it(starfield)
Pantherx [273777]
I'm somewhat aware, the questline with the free ship and amour?

I've been doing the Ranger questline/Crimson Fleet/The Vanguard.

Just fyi.....the first quest for the Crimson Fleet, where you go underground. Be sure to have plenty of saves, I found a bug at the end of the mission that basically makes you stuck. I looked online and others had the same issue. I had to reload a save from 4 hours earlier...smh.
Unlucky [2472585]
Anyone seen any good reviews they can point me to?


Intrested but don’t want to waste my time if it’s not my thing.
Unlucky [2472585]
Thanks, sorry I should of specified, looking for a review on YouTube so I can check out the gameplay.


Been out of the gaming market a while so not sure who’s good and trustworthy anymore