Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Elimination Questions

Started by Azhlee [2976227] on in Questions & Answers.

7 replies · 229 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
14
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
Azhlee [2976227]
Okay im completely new to torn and just wondering if elimination is worth it for lower level players or if i should just skip this year

also what would be considered minimum battlestats to stand a chance? ? TIA
Webster [227273]
Taking part you will meet new people who you otherwise wouldn't have spoken too, who knows where that could lead you in the future. Plus its good fun if you enjoy a fight.

There will be people with lower battlestats split across most teams so there will always be targets for you to hit. However with lower stats you will be targeted a lot more than those with higher stats
JackKelly [2271177]
If you still consider yourself "completely new" you probably want to sit out this year.

My first year I had around 50k battle stats. I spent the whole event traveling and attacking people overseas. If you're very active and have a good grasp on the game mechanics, you can still be a benefit to your team. If you aren't very active you're going to get farmed for tickets the whole time you're offline.

It's ultimately up to you. It can be a good experience, but it takes a fair amount of time and effort.
Travalgar [2317242]
Anyone encouraging you, a relatively new player, to participate in Elimination is simply looking for more fodder to feed with.

Don't.
KindaEpicMoah [2493924]
I joined elims my first year and had a blast. Even though I was only 500k stats total, I made ~300 attacks and greatly enjoyed the political drama between different teams.

If you don't enjoy watching drama and you don't enjoy attacking, then I'd sit out. Otherwise, feel free to hop in! There's never a bad time to start learning more about the game, and joining elims gives you the opportunity to get hands on experience with attacking mechanics while also getting involved with the broader community.
Lexigirl [3002707]
Damn I’m a new player too and I’m in the elimination because I thought why not. Lol shitt but now I’m scared seeing these dudes talk about having 50k+ battle stats