Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

New graphics poll

Started by WhiteRaven [2692544] on in General Discussion.

240 replies · 4.26k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 241 / 241 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
241
Discussion span
→
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
42 / 100
Story score
68 / 100
Engagement score
85 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

-Misanthrope- [1307457]
Why not just upscale old ones through AI. These look low-poly, like really bad mods for Sims

Edit: Okay they look a bit better now, maybe they weren't loading fully. Still, it's odd to see 3D objects in a browser game
PMV [1577993]
Actually, I admire the effort. Many of the older item images would look 'decent' on my Pentium 4 retro rig, not so much on my 5900X.

I feel a lot of these complaints would have been solved if they used SVG files and stuck with one overall 'look/theme/style', rather than a mismash of styles. It's like you got the team that made the jackhammer, the other team that made the plushies, another team that made the cars, etc. Plus with SVGs, you essentially get 'infinite resolution' rather than this issue yet again when displays become even more detailed.
Fuckery [2653035]
I love some of them (the nodding turtle is amazing) but others like the energy drinks and plushies are straight up abysmal

The macana looks like something you'd find in a 1998 point and click
WhackedMaki [2587660]
If I joined today and you told me "Yeah the game is 20 years old," I'd look at the pictures and think "Yeah I can tell," but I'll get used to em.
PMV [1577993]
Some people are saying that these are actually embedded 3D models, which may explain some of the design issues. You're able to click them and it rotates, is movable, etc.

For me, they all show flat PNG files so half of them look terrible. Have tried on multiple browsers to no avail. So, I assume that there's currently an issue with some of these pages not being shown correctly for some (maybe most) people.
2hi4u [2324158]
The old plushies looked cute and fluffy. Now they look unrealistic and like they are made out of clay.
LSD [1764304]
They made them more specific and realistic. Seems fine to me. Weed actually looks like and weed and LSD looks extraordinarily accurate.