Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

New graphics poll

Started by WhiteRaven [2692544] on in General Discussion.

240 replies · 4.26k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 241 / 241 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Asemov [2270413]
Overall yes, but there's a few I don't like what they did to them:

Cobra Derringer, looks kinda suspicious.

Double Barrel shotgun, something seems off about the new graphic.

FHC - Looks like they didn't have a graphic and chose to just reuse the company logo.
PMV [1577993]
I did, for a while they were flat PNG images so no 3D at all. Now I have the 3D models but no textures so it looks like spinning printed items.

Seems it's all still being worked on.
IRomanI [2100984]
I stand in solidarity with the community, especially when my mean secondary pistol now looks like a... Well... You tell me...

ExiledAstronaut [2675301]
They look so bad. Particularly the modelled ones like the plushies. They look low Poly and jarring. It's not as bad when viewing the big picture, but the little image you use day to day is so bad...
ThreeLetters3 [2067692]
ikr, its progress! It's only been out like an hour or two, it makes sense some might need changes.

Look at things like the edvds, books, and business class tickets, they're hella awesome and have ACTUAL TEXT!
Londo_Mollari [2658150]
I like them except when they unnecessarily changed the color. I was used to tear gas in blue can, now it's silver. So I thought it's out of stock.

Everything (maybe except for plushies) was grayed/washed out! For example what kind of dahlia has such a drab color?

LuigiMangione [1870934]
Ched was very adamant that there won't be more levels beyond 100. There used to be no cap, Bodybagger even got to 102 and then it capped for everyone at 100.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
I must be the only one who loves them!

This style has been honed in over the last year and a half, and they, without a doubt perfectly suit my vision of Torn - I'm so proud of them, and I'm so happy with what the team have achieved. I've personally carefully vetted every single item to ensure each one is high-quality in my eyes and fits with the Torn lore.

I absolutely adore the plushies, they're funny and janky, exactly as I'd imagine them to be in Torn... They're plushies, they're not meant to be real animals. I'd only perhaps reduce their contrast slightly. I see people making fun of certain models as if they're not exactly how we intended them to look.

It's true, some of them look a little low-res, but that's pretty easy to update over time. The most important thing for me was to achieve a solid consistent style across all items. Reading some of this feedback I'm honestly in shock, as if you guys must be looking at something totally different to what I've come to love in this time. What's more unbelievable is those actually asking to return to the old images, of which especially in the case of the plushies, are practically just blurry blobs.

I hope over the next few weeks you get used to them, and can see them as I see them. I hope that my vision becomes your vision, because I honestly think they are, for the most part, wonderful. And those that aren't, can easily be improved or replaced.
Herodotus [1670169]
While I don't care for most of the new images, it doesnt really matter I suppose...but, the new temp images have thrown me off a bit. "Wait, what the hell am I using?"