Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Scripting ruins events

Started by Prevalence [2825160] on in General Discussion.

53 replies · 2.56k views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 54 / 54 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
54
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Prevalence [2825160]
00:22:20 - 14/09/23 You used a Blood Bag : O+ from The Wolverines's armory recovering 1,058 life and reducing hospital time by 0h 25m


https://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=0cd86f65987e6dd39fd702add1f488aa

I’m hit in exactly 1 second. Sometimes the same tick.


This is every single time I leave the hospital, how is this fair or enjoyable? What is the point of this game if you’re facing something that is automated.


What’s the difference between this and a bot playing the game for you? The only difference is a person is hitting the button of the script … and who knows if they’re even doing that.

When people are so competitive they ruin the integrity of the game admins should step in. Because this shit isn’t fun.
bitters [2600630]
You are the first person on the page of your team (wearing the biggest hitter target), which looking at the score seems like its being heavily targeted and you are in a stat range where a lot of players could hit you. I'm not saying there are no illegal scripts being used by some bastards, but it seems feasible that you are just being hit by people trying to stop your team from scoring.
Dalinar [2833488]
Bitters said it exactly, you have a very high amount of attacks and you’re less than a year old, dozens of people refresh your team page every second and every single one can hit you
WhackedMaki [2587660]
Potentially hundreds or thousands of players are clicking through your teams pages constantly right now, you will be noticed very quickly upon leaving, and people with fast conenction can get the fight started quickly. In elims there isn't much purpose to sitting on only one persons page unless you know they're actively hopping out of hospital
Dalinar [2833488]
Not happening in this case, the circumstances are obviously such that he’s an easy target with high visibility. But yes the island war introduced a new attack script (made for TT wars) that allows this and is legal
HastaLaVistaBby [1608986]
Not sure you can get a fight going within 1 second through the teams pages.
My bet is that it's either refreshing the attack page, or a script stalking the person with the API, serving you the attack button.
WhackedMaki [2587660]
A script providing a button that initiated an attack from anything except the attack page would be illegal. There are scripts that will allow the attack button to be instantly clickable while on their attack page the moment they leave hosp though.
hemi [2165616]
Your first time, huh? :P
I have half a dozen logs from just yesterday with a 1 second difference from medding out to being initiated on.

Scripts are 100% ruining events. From dog tags to elims, I'm very close to tapping out of participating in events altogether.

And for all the dummies who wanna sit there and say "you're on the first page, you're gonna be a target, blah blah" PLEASE video record yourself initiating on someone within ONE SECOND of them medding out without scripts that bypass page reloads. You can't. So please stfu with that point, the only way it's possible is with the insta attack scripts that have the button clickable even if the person is in the hosp and bypass F5 lag.


"A script providing a button that initiated an attack from anything except the attack page would be illegal. There are scripts that will allow the attack button to be instantly clickable while on their attack page the moment they leave hosp though." - WhackedMaki
Yeah, that's literally...the problem :D lol :D "instantly" is not natural in torn, considering this shit is laggy as f**k to all the players trying to normally play it. The defender's page is still barely done loading on their end after taking the med, before someone has already initiated on them.
Emerix [2187675]
People are spam refreshing your attack loader to keep you perma hosped because, as said above, you're the most active hitter.
HerrSchmidt [2069746]
I don't mind some scripts, but I find personally since I've stopped using them the game is a lot more fun. More OG.

Scripts improve efficiency and streamline things, make you spend less time immersed in torn itself, which is great for life/game balance xD

Was it more fun before being scripted to hell? Yeah I think so but then again it is what it is move on and adapt. Survival of the fittest.
Loikaz [2761692]
pressing the refresh button instead of the capslock button helps you hit targets as soon as they are out
Beerstein [1322136]
We went over this in the war, we all use em now. It's that or get shit on. So long as they're legal you gotta use em.
Astro [1559915]
This comes up every once in awhile, I've still yet to feel the need to blame scripts for getting instahosp'd, as it's easily possible in RW with 4+ people let alone in Elims with up to thousands as others have stated.

It really just sounds like whinging to me.

Edit: extra "a"
GlanzSpade [2767810]
You are a big hitter, might be on page 1. People keep refresh and spam click the attack button.



Protip: close torn for 2-5 mins so they leave your loader.
-Shaft- [2521807]
I do not use attacking scripts, they are usually slower than a perfect refresh and spam wep/heg (unless it was the old PT script).
I especially dont see the use of them for an event like elim where you have thousands of targets right now. There is no need to stalk and script a single person. OP is crying because they are on the first page and getting hosped quickly because of it.
VonDut [1781240]
I get hit mere moments out of the hospital too, and I'm not on the first page. Do I think it's scripts? No, not in this situation. If they were, it would happened EVERY time I left the hospital. Now I am currently flying. So I managed to make a few attacks, do all my crimes, grab some cash, and hop on a plane with no one attacking me.

It can be done!

*Edit:
Pointed out to me. I did not mean that scripts are not being used, I have been a victim before, just not in this situation against me.
Hwhiskee [2817210]
I think a lot of us ran into this during the island war. I personally think any script that gives you any advantage for attacking, should be illegal. I'm talking from the smallest advantage to the biggest advantage. Anything else is unfair unless every single person has the same abilities. Play the game the way it's made.