Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

lock in progress and capchas

Started by tyrion1 [2048951] on in General Discussion.

9 replies · 185 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
3
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100
tyrion1 [2048951]
Hello good morning.
I dont know if this forum is correct since I dont know if it is a bug, but recently the game asks me to solve a capchas every time I enter to play, pointing to me as a possible bot. I dont know if it is because I almost always entered the same hours and I do the same activities, (something that I try to change even if it costs me a little for my activities outside the game) or if it is because of the use of Tools Torn, tool that once , many months ago, I saw published in the forum and allowed without any problem, at least for the multiple messages I read of the same thread before installing it. In addition to that, while making the crime of looking for money at the fontain, in the Crimes2.0 section, the following text appeared for me a couple of times: "Lock in Progress". Then I looked for staff help and a person told me that it was not the one, to prove contacting another particular member of the staff. I contacted him and soon, the chats he had recently initiated empty, without any message. The message of "Lock In Progress" has not reappeared and for that reason, I have not been able to make a screenshot as "Vogie" suggested me, a player with whom I was recommended to speak the members of the Facebook page. Obviously I am not a bot and I would not like to lose account. I don't know if it's a bug and I didn't see a more suitable forum to post this, but I hope you can solve. By the way, I am a blind player and not to fill the forum with threads, I take the opportunity to say that currently Items can be bought in the bazaars, only the items that players sell in the market. Which is a problem because many things cannot be bought and those that can be purchased, cannot be purchased in large quantities with a single purchase. Thanks since now.

I apologize if something is not well understood. My original language is not English, so I play using Google Translate and I also use it to communicate. If something was not understood, please tell me to raise it in another way. If despite what is commented on this thread, some staff member believes that I am a bot, you can contact me to validate my existence with some other social network such as Facebook, WhatsApp or some similar even that I trust that my problem has a solution more fast and easy. Thank you for reading.
postscript. I publish this here since I could not publish it in the "Bugs and Issues" forum
Steppenwulf [2960257]
a better forum would be "Questions and Answers"

I can't speak to your specific question but it probably has more to do with your IP address and/or cookies than your behavior in game. Unless of course you actually ARE playing with a bot, in which case, that would be the reason.

Cheers
Beerson [1576144]
Could be anything really, I've gotten captcha in the past where the only possible explanation was opening caches (due to which my networth dropped massively), recently I got captcha for refreshing jail page to bail noobs for bail merit, the system is a complete joke.
tyrion1 [2048951]
I do not know how to change this thread to the forum questions and answers, I also do not think it can. I will leave that option to the managers of the forum and the game, if they believe it is pertinent. Thanks for the suggestion. Regarding the game and capchas system, it may not be very good but when in Crimes2.0 the text "Lock in Progress" appeared to me and tried to contact several staff members. A person from the 3 that I contacted, suggested that he contacted another person thickly, the first person I contacted told me that it was not his area but that he took screenshot. As a game from the computer, no screenshots are taken and asked, before contacting the staff member who had suggested me. Then I kept doing the same activities without getting an answer. I left the game to do things in real life and when I entered again, the 3 chats of the staff members were empty. As if they were chats where no one has written or as if someone had erased them.
flare [2195157] Officer Officer
There's an faq with the captcha's that answer most of the common questions. No it's not a bug and no it can't be removed.

You most likely preformed some action repeatedly or started using a script that is spamming something. You basically just need to ride it out. I know how annoying it can be as its happened to me before for a few weeks in a row, but if you genuinely arent doing anything malicious itll go away on its own.

If you truly think something is wrong theres a contact there for boogie and the bot specialist, but it seems you already contacted them and got no response which means they probably found it was applied correctly.

Edit: Also the reason the chats were emptied was cause there was a rollback recently. Might be best to follow up if you didnt see the messages
tyrion1 [2048951]
Thank you all for answering. For the person I asked, I don't remember who he was. No, I'm not a bot. If it were, I would not publish in the forum, or seek help with 3 different personns of the staf and would not ask in the Facebook group. I am definitely not a bot. For the person who talked about tolerate the capchas. I do not know if the capchas appear because 1, I basically enter the search money in Crimes2.0 and when I have my nerve bar at zero, I get out of the game. Two, I don't know if it's because I have many millions in debt of my property. I don't know why but first I thought there was a merit for losing all the happiness of property with accumulated mortgages?
I have a lot that I do not pay for the same, but maybe it is time to pay those debts even if it is gradually. And 3, when I discovered that the caps began to appear after I was only going to make Crimes2.0, I tried to do other little things to prevent them from continuing to appear. Attacking players, doing some mission, playing Russian roulette among other similar activities and it seems that nothing worked or if it made it, it worked for a very short time.