Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Problems with Addiction

Started by EssexPeteski [3043829] on in General Non-related.

16 replies · 225 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
15
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100
EssexPeteski [3043829]
Hi all my name is Peter and I'm a alcoholic. Addict

I thought I'd start somewhere we could just say hello or reach out if life is getting to much.

Trust me when I say iv been through a lot of addiction .
From hard drugs to spending money I ain't got on mobile games ? ?

So hopefully this Thread can be somewhere people can connect.

Peace and love brothers and sisters ?? ??
Degtyrev [2478632]
Hey, I've been through video game spending and porn. Dealt with addictions before too man. You're not alone and you took a massive first step in admitting it. However, do you want to leave the booze behind?
Degtyrev [2478632]
They most definitely do. I know there's a number of recovering alcoholics in the torn community. Try posting in general if you wanna chat someone up who's gone through it. I'm here too. Might not understand what you're going through, but I know the pull of addiction and I'm here for you.
Voltovski [3026011]
This all comes down to have no self control, listening to negative thoughts, justifying and negotiating with false promises with yourself a lack of self respect to the point of self loathing. Keep it simple...right v wrong, there is never any gray area. Stop coddling yourself and seeking short term self medicating solutions at the expense of your overall wellbeing and longterm happiness. Don't present as a victim and feel sorry for yourself Get your shit together (we all have our stories to tell) and stand up to life.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Was a drug addict from 15-20 years old. From putaw (asian heroin) to shabu (meth). Was a gaming addict for years too after that. By addict i mean gamming for days no sleep, no work, no eat, no personal hygene and skipping exams during college. It all started from small stuffs.

Leave the booze. Get a healthy inner circle around you. You are who you hang out with.
EssexPeteski [3043829]
True words and I have done iv been addict since school many moons ago and at this stage I'm more of a recluse.
I am getting help from mental health teams and I have friends from A.A all I can do is keep trying
Thanks for your post
RealTeel [3008047]
Hi I'm RealTeel. I relate to your thread, as I wasted about 8 years of my life with drugs and prison. Finally on the other side and it feels great, took learning a lot of lessons the hard way though! For me, at least. Just over 3 years clean now. I still smoke weed medically (legal state), recently got married, and life is good. I love to find other people who support the recovery lifestyle, wherever I go. Keep up your good work Peter! Proud of you.
EssexPeteski [3043829]
Thanks pal iv been struggling with my demons since school and im in my fortis.
Tody I'm OK though I don't really do hard drugs anymore and since iv been on new medication iv not had a drink 1 week.

For awhile now it's been my mental health that I struggle with but I'm getting help with that.

Thanks for your post 3 years is great stuff ?