Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

grave

Started by lacinyc [2550842] on in Faction Discussion.

108 replies · 4.62k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 109 / 109 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Pops [1025410]
its not that im taking issue with the buying portion of it, for sure people should be able to pay

it just kind of doesn't feel right that you can do as described, join > do a single hit > leave faction - to attain the merit. I feel like it should be changed so that its only the people who are in the faction at the time of the chain finish that would / should receive it

I think that because it kind of trivialises it, if someone really wanted to sell the merit to as many people as possible i'm sure they could cycle 400 people or more in through that time period - chains have been extended for significant times, I think the longest chain was close to 2 weeks? and that was only a 50k, im sure someone could extend it to a month if they really wanted

assuming theres around 35 spots free, 35 people x 10 cycles = 350 people who could get their merit by not actively contributing at all, kind of makes it feel like a bug
SinlessPickle [3100342]
I'm very very new to the game however if you'll have me I am interested, i would like to understand more of what all this means however because i am clueless lol but it sounds like great fun and after reading through the comments in the thread you seem like a great bunch of people :)
boyyondgt [2355231]
Heyy!! Im highly interested in buying 1 hit in This! As im probably not gonna be able to be there for the full duration. Please dm me the details asap and thank you!
AnneBonny [1951839]
I'm interested in either guesting or the buyout. I work part time & go to college, so idk how much time i'll be able to commit.
Andyman [471591]
Agree.

Though... it's ballsy charging for something that might not happen. A few players with stricken weapons and/or a dirty bomb combined with a raid would be crazy difficult to chain through to 100k.

I suppose gone are the days of Torn where you could get away with extortion threats lol. (Give me half the fees or we make your 100k chain 10x harder)
KindaEpicMoah [2493924]
I mean I agree, I think it should be that way, but if Ched intended for it to be that way then *shrug*

You can already buy all of the defending merits + leaderboard + war machine + peppered + kapow with defends, and while I didn't do so, (for the ones I have), I can't really fault other people for doing so because that's just how the system is.
Lazerpent [2112641]
I already have the merit (huge thanks to Omni Cobalt, formerly in memory of the fallen), but I really would love to know how much you plan to charge for this.

You said "our pricing will be in the range of other "very rare" merits. (But less than the collector)". I paid 50m for the collector merit from damaster - are you planning to charge under 50m for a 100k chain "buyout"? That would be an amazing deal

I really don't see why the prices are not included in the original post, that seems like a rather important (one could even say critical) piece of information

Mentions: Collector merit for 30m!

KindaEpicMoah [2493924]
Not really financially worth it either since fake wall ED negates all of those besides the DB, and DBs likely cost more that any reasonable extortion amount
KindaEpicMoah [2493924]
True, but it's exchanging something that has a much more limiting cooldown (since med CD is relatively fixed past faction bonuses + revive chance) for something that has a plethora of sources (refill + drugs + eggs/cans/fhcs + jobs + newsletters + treats + revitalize oh my!)

I would be interested to see the math if there is a point at which the money spent on the extra amount of e would be worse than paying x extortion fee, but realistically the whole faction never maxes out their booster CD normally so I'd imagine the fee would have to be fairly low (comparatively speaking) to be viable