Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Average player battle stats

Started by hellrayser [2195544] on in Questions & Answers.

12 replies · 775 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
40
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Actuariolam [1967959] ×1

hellrayser [2195544]
Random question, but has anyone ever done an analysis on the average battle stats for active players? I've been focusing on training since I started playing again and will continue to do so, but wanted to know when I should start taking my foot off the gas and stop spending all my money, just most of it.

Is it when I'm at 200m, 500m or 1 billion combined stats? I'm not looking to become a powerhouse or join a warring faction etc. And currently hold my own. But just want to get to a solid base before concentrating on other aspects of the game.

I know its all subjective, and I will always keep training, but would appreciate any insight into when I should feel comfortable starting to slow down, compared to my fellow players stats.

Thanks in advance.
miros [1848626]
You will never have enough BS.

That said, it often makes sense _not_ to spend all your money to improve your stats _now_, if it means you'll be able to improve them more later. Also known as "it takes money to make money". So trading E for $ now in order to have more $$ to trade for more E (or SEs) later if often the right move.
ImSteve [2691961]
To echo this, at your NW at ~2b, you shouldn’t be doing anything besides 3 Xanax per day, refill, and natural energy training. Focus all of your efforts on building up active/passive income that supports this diet and allows you to continue to squirrel even more money away until you’re able to eventually sustain a can diet or later an SE diet.
golden_warrior [1889724]
By the time you hit average, all the active players will have kept training and the average will be higher.

Just take as many Xanax as possible, and save the rest of your cash. I don’t have a scientific method for this, but start chugging cans as soon as they feel cheap.
-Beesus- [1959482]
Try not to focus too much on "average" stats - play at your own pace.
There's always going to be someone better than you, and there's always going to be someone worse than you.

If you constantly race to be above average, you're going to end up burning yourself out.

I'm one of the weakest 3k day old player there probably is, and I've come to terms with that!
hellrayser [2195544]
This is all super helpful, tank you. I've been dumping as much as I could into cans, FHC etc. But will go back to just the regular xan + natural e + refill rotation and focus more on building income.
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
There's really no average... There are incredibly weak level 100's and super strong level holders.

One thing you can do if you're so inclined is to look at your battle stats ranking in the HoF, and your level ranking. That's about the only metric you can really use.
Private_Joker [2488283]
As others said you will never have enough...
My stats are relatively "big" for my faction and i know many more players that are lower stats than me yet im smol and easily kicked by what i feel like half of tornXD
Qfiffle [2557282] Committee Committee
What you mostly want is above average for your faction. Then you will be targeted less during wars, able to solo more opponents when your faction gets a fair match up, and will be able to assist many of your faction mates when they need someone to hit someone for them, retal for them, or to hosp them themselves. Other kinds of attacking, like missions or chain targets, scale with your stats so it's not super important to target any particular stats range for them (except that if your stats are too low to hit level 100s you won't get as much R in chains as you could. I found I had a decent number of level 90-100 inactive targets once I was over 2b total).

So check out what the average is for your own faction and try to get above that. If you ever think of moving to a bigger faction, check out their stats range and aim for somewhere around average for them.
pussy [2797641]
cans + fhc will be more useful at 200m+ per stat too, and then even more useful at 1b+ per stat

so in theory, you can stack wealth until you’re high enough (1b on each for ex) so you can afford it plus get a lot (or more?) from it
Bantor [2179037]
On 02aug2022 there was a major change to gym training. That is roughly a year ago.

Gym training : Stat cap removal : https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=1&t=16288778&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=22675867

Sugardaddy explained it in the newspaper: https://www.torn.com/newspaper.php#!/articles/2336

[image: newspaper.torn.com]
(Graph from TCT Newspaper)

I did not know the average battle stats at the time, and I dont know what the average battle stats is today, but I'm sure far, very far away from those at the top since they probably gain more stats than I have as total.

Mentions: Gym training : Stat cap removal

undo [2090073]
Like the others said, always try to grow your money. I'm not aware of anyone doing an average stats project, I do know that Actuariolam did an age/stats project (see near bottom of profile sig), but that was a long time ago. The average of all active players will usually be dragged down by newbies, many of which will quit after a short time, so, not sure how meaningful an average would be.

The top 2k players are over 6B total BS. You can also look at faction requirements for the type of faction you're interested in - the less respect a faction has the lower the requirements typically are, but there are many exceptions. If you're not interested in a warring faction, stats matter even less, so you might as well focus on other things right away; just makes sure to not completely neglect the gym button.

Mentions: Actuariolam [1967959]

Shandurai [25719]
This is such a good answer because your faction should ideally represent your playstyle. Faction perks can be so underrated but for this particular question I would say your faction is going be where the activity is. (Unless you jump around a lot.)