Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mugging During Wars

Started by EggStone [2983319] on in Faction Discussion.

17 replies · 856 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
14
Likes on archived posts
49
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100
EggStone [2983319]
Excuse my newbie question, but I was curious about how common it is during a war for a faction to only mug an opponent's players.

In my limited experience, I was aware that leaving and hosping gives higher respect, so is the natural option. But we're currently fighting a faction who MASSIVELY outrank us in terms of stats, and they've all decided to mug our players.

What I was shocked most about, is even their leader is doing it:

12:06:01 - 07/10/23 Elitist mugged you and stole $47,914 [view]

In previous wars, I've had the leader message me to apologize for mugging myself or our players.

Just curious about if this is typical from a bullying faction with much higher stats?
wizcup [1906226]
That depends on the player. Like you in RL must have different set of moral, value, than your closest neighbor, in Torn, you will also find different kind of people. Some maybe mugged you for no reason and then apologize, the other maybe mugged you for no reason and not apologizing.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Lol i once had gt expired n got mugged far morethan that that during war with monarch.
I mean if they are gonna win anyway, why won't they mug you? Also if that becomes a massive type of hits, it means they are pissed you're dragging the war perhaps?
I once hosped all onliners once I have passed certain number just to make sure they can't use theor energy and nerves the whole time they are dragging the war. The co-lead was so pissed he spammed us calling us retards. Welp this retard offered him 200m for easy war which he declined.
EggStone [2983319]
For context, I'm even remotely mad about the sum of money, they've been mugging $0s and $10ks from players on our faction. I was more intrigued about the unusual method of warring.

Self-deprecating attacks equating to a prolonged war and guaranteeing their team get the minimum reward.

Thanks for the replies!
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Well if the targets are only low levels the type of hits wont matter much. Only multipliers and chain bonus. It's more about hurting and pissing you off eventually
MexicanJoe0096 [1613634]
this happened to me in the last war i was in. the enemy was losing so on the last day they all decided to only mug. Leader messaged me and said to watch out as his guys were trying to "make up for losing". Kinda pathetic actually.
Chamath [2998283]
Well we are not loosing actually we are wining....

I don't understand why he keeps so much money at hand..

I was mugged while travelling an home but i never complained in the forum.. i make sure that i keep the least money at hand.
EggStone [2983319]
I myself never claimed to be a returning player, but our "experienced players" you were referring to all are. Check their ranks, estimated stats etc. We are a faction of totally new players. There's no outmatching from our end, but I'm pleased to hear our methods were persieved as those if a more experienced faction.

I'm not bothered about the amount of money, I've never once complained to you about the mugging (although I believe my players might have) I more posted here, because it seems counter productive, we wanted the war to drag on to reduce your winnings, and we achieved it! Why make it worse for yourselves?

Anywho, it's been fun to watch a faction with hundreds of millions of stats, 50k+ respect and multiple wins under their belt struggle to drag a win over the line, never getting higher than a 10 chain, against a faction of completely new players 1m total stats and sub 10k respect.

Hopefully we match again when we have more active members!
dunmugmeh [538353]
Ranked wars are done for money. So i suppose you could understand some blind field mice mugging during ranked wars.

But i dont think its a good idea. The big money in ranked wars is in the caches, so its best you win the war as fast as possible. Getting more respect for hosping or leaving is the way to do that.
Umami [2168530]
What you're seeing is psychological warfare at play.

It is much better to leave in a RW so you can farm the targets and get it over with sooner and ultimately end up with more money per hit.

But sometimes its about sending a message. Or maybe they just have chubby stubby fingers and they hit mug when they meant to leave.

IDK but it just game so its not like everyone wants to play optimally, hopefully they enjoy their teeny mugs.