Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

E class noob trap

Started by Tankofnova1999 [3084689] on in Racing.

7 replies · 249 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
5
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100

Most-liked replies

Tankofnova1999 [3084689]
Do not kit your E class car every chance you get. Once you reach D class you'll be stranded.

Don't be like me and get yourself stuck. I don't think there's a way out of here.
Ygaria_Varr [2811829]
You're one of many; did it myself if I recall.

Follow the point recovery guide, hit Custom races for more Racing Skill Points and maybe take temporary work at a Mechanic Shop.

It's not the end of the Road; keep on keeping on.
Tankofnova1999 [3084689]
Ygaria, I think you mean dealership. 1 point every 5 days? Already here.
Also found out that getting to C class is 100 points. I thought race class was to do with skill level, making 4th place actually the worst to be with the best no points growth, which I kept getting.

I say kept, as hearing from an admin of all people that I'm no where near C class made me stop the crawl I thought I was doing, but wasn't.

I kept losing so many times that the rare 3rd meant nothing as "I've gained so much skill I might as well drag on and not spend this" when race skill has no weight in when you class up when I thought it did. Having me save up for C that I was sure was close by waiting to get me even more stuck when really I'm just the living example of the meme where a guy sticks a metal pipe in his bike wheel, trips himself, and cries.

Now I know I can spend as far as like 50-60 points, bank for my C car and laugh later at my past multi-layer ill-informed crap sandwich.

While We're here... What's the entry for B and A?
Thank you and Jenga187, but I don't think I'll need to sink into dirt cars as your guide tells as I'm not as stuck as I thought.

TLDR: I'm haz the dumb
Ygaria_Varr [2811829]
Nope, I mean Mechanic Shop.

1 racing point (not skill) for every 5 work points (9 work points a day) 75% off car parts, no reduction if you crash and 10 work points for a free car.

I've forgotten what the entry point for B and A are (if I ever knew).

It took me nearly four months to get from buying a racing license to A Class but I wasn't following the guides (and I was working in a mechanic shop). I drove B in a Sagaris (and you think you're dumb ;)
Ygaria_Varr [2811829]
Still Nope;

Car Dealership has escape, a fraud crimes bonus and free item listing as well as 5 WP = 1 racing point and the car parts reduction.

Similar....but not the same.