**Disclosure**
This is simply a collection of advice I've been giving to more than 100 BRAND NEW players I've met in the game through new faction recruitment, bails, etc recently. I wanted to collate it to save me repeating myself. This isn't in anyway meant to compete with the Baldr's guide or anything else. This is simply a dumbed down version for BRAND BRAND NEW PLAYERS that I come into contact with. So please don't hate!
Money Making
As a brand new player, my current best advice is to buy bottles of beer from the city and sell for a huge profit on the open market.
Guide:
Head to: CITY > BITS N BOBS > BUY 100 BEER (max per day)
go back to: CITY > ITEM MARKET > SEARCH BEER > CHECK PRICE AND LIST YOUR BEER FOR $10 LESS THAN LOWEST PRICE
If there is no beer available when you first look. Check again later, as they restock regularly.
Stashing cash:
As a brand new player getting mugged is an inevitability, but you can mitigate the damage by storing your cash in items which you can sell when you later need it.
Some good items include:
-Cheaper drugs like cannabis and ecstacy
-Cheaper bottles of beer (less than $1500 each) the price will go up meaning you can purge your stash and profit at the same time
-Eventually points and more expensive highly tangible items like xanax become very effective (points are good when you have earned your first millions because you can buy them from the points market and sell them to the pawn shop with no risk of getting buy-mugged)
Important Advice:
There are lots of ways to play torn, but the fundamental basis for the game is your battle stats. Getting a good start on training can be the difference between you loving this game because you're progressing quickly, and hating how stale and slow it is.
Because stats are so important, I suggest only using energy to TRAIN IN THE GYM.
Don't search the dump, don't waste time mugging other new players for peanuts. You'll get a chance to slap other players and make your millions once you've got higher stats.
Exception to the rule:
Personally I think selling losses early on in the game can be an excellent way to kit out your armoury, but make sure to train as well.
Job:
I'm not expert here. But in the very very early days, I can see huge benefits in joining the ARMY or will allow you to use job points for strength, meaning you can use all your energy training the other three stats.
Gym:
Keep your stats even! They're all important, especially to begin with.
Missions:
Always do your missions, and don't be afraid to ask for help
Other important things:
Join crimes 2.0 asap - by clicking the finger print on crimes
Use all your nerve on crimes whenever possible - searching for cash is a great place to start. You can find millions of dollars worth of items
Search the CITY MAP OFTEN - downloading the TornPDA app or using torn tools on your browser will highlight often high value items randomly hidden in the map
Always have an education course running
Ask for help - lots of players on here are nasty, vindictive bullies living out their wildest criminal fantasies, but some of us are happy to give you a bit of starter cash or free advice!
I'll add to this as and when I need to, and I'm happy to take genuine constructive advice!!
Hope this helps
This is simply a collection of advice I've been giving to more than 100 BRAND NEW players I've met in the game through new faction recruitment, bails, etc recently. I wanted to collate it to save me repeating myself. This isn't in anyway meant to compete with the Baldr's guide or anything else. This is simply a dumbed down version for BRAND BRAND NEW PLAYERS that I come into contact with. So please don't hate!
Money Making
As a brand new player, my current best advice is to buy bottles of beer from the city and sell for a huge profit on the open market.
Guide:
Head to: CITY > BITS N BOBS > BUY 100 BEER (max per day)
go back to: CITY > ITEM MARKET > SEARCH BEER > CHECK PRICE AND LIST YOUR BEER FOR $10 LESS THAN LOWEST PRICE
If there is no beer available when you first look. Check again later, as they restock regularly.
Stashing cash:
As a brand new player getting mugged is an inevitability, but you can mitigate the damage by storing your cash in items which you can sell when you later need it.
Some good items include:
-Cheaper drugs like cannabis and ecstacy
-Cheaper bottles of beer (less than $1500 each) the price will go up meaning you can purge your stash and profit at the same time
-Eventually points and more expensive highly tangible items like xanax become very effective (points are good when you have earned your first millions because you can buy them from the points market and sell them to the pawn shop with no risk of getting buy-mugged)
Important Advice:
There are lots of ways to play torn, but the fundamental basis for the game is your battle stats. Getting a good start on training can be the difference between you loving this game because you're progressing quickly, and hating how stale and slow it is.
Because stats are so important, I suggest only using energy to TRAIN IN THE GYM.
Don't search the dump, don't waste time mugging other new players for peanuts. You'll get a chance to slap other players and make your millions once you've got higher stats.
Exception to the rule:
Personally I think selling losses early on in the game can be an excellent way to kit out your armoury, but make sure to train as well.
Job:
I'm not expert here. But in the very very early days, I can see huge benefits in joining the ARMY or will allow you to use job points for strength, meaning you can use all your energy training the other three stats.
Gym:
Keep your stats even! They're all important, especially to begin with.
Missions:
Always do your missions, and don't be afraid to ask for help
Other important things:
Join crimes 2.0 asap - by clicking the finger print on crimes
Use all your nerve on crimes whenever possible - searching for cash is a great place to start. You can find millions of dollars worth of items
Search the CITY MAP OFTEN - downloading the TornPDA app or using torn tools on your browser will highlight often high value items randomly hidden in the map
Always have an education course running
Ask for help - lots of players on here are nasty, vindictive bullies living out their wildest criminal fantasies, but some of us are happy to give you a bit of starter cash or free advice!
I'll add to this as and when I need to, and I'm happy to take genuine constructive advice!!
Hope this helps