deleted
deleted
Started by zxbolty [2975490] on in General Non-related.
About this thread
Posts archived: 82 / 82 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 82
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 22 / 100
- Historical score
- 27 / 100
- Story score
- 55 / 100
- Engagement score
- 73 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- ElHeffe [2564022]
· 3 likes ·
All of the available evidence suggests that your biological functions cease and you slowly begin to putrefy as your cells break down and various internal gasses are released. Further investigation into more spiritual matters have concluded that there's no such … - Pantherx [273777]
· 1 likes ·
Most people will walk towards the light, and ultimately be reincarnated and start a different life. The Disney movie Soul, explains what happens perfectly. But hell, what do I know. - Apolinus [3017918]
· 1 likes ·
Sort of an odd standard, isn’t it? Demanding irrefutable proof? Seems like an oddly high bar for someone who is (presumably) willing to believe in souls. The burden of proof, in point of fact, rests with those making the affirmative, …
Correct.
For me i believe death will just be like sleeping without any dreams. literal eternal rest
All the above answers are correct and in sync with the epicurean Epitaph. We return to the state of existence before our birth.
“ We weren’t , We are ,We aren’t, We care not”
”We didn’t exist, we existed, we no longer exist, we don’t know we no longer exist”
“ We weren’t , We are ,We aren’t, We care not”
”We didn’t exist, we existed, we no longer exist, we don’t know we no longer exist”
I’m religious so I think there is heaven and hell but I realize no one cares, so
What lead to you to believe in the exitance of a heaven and hell?
I really want to hear an explanation of why people believe in heaven and hell without it being “god did many good things for me” (you can’t prove it was god, although I do think god is real, why do you think it’s god?)
Most people will walk towards the light, and ultimately be reincarnated and start a different life.
The Disney movie Soul, explains what happens perfectly.
But hell, what do I know.
The Disney movie Soul, explains what happens perfectly.
But hell, what do I know.
I don't exactly believe in reincarnation but I hope that's what it is.
If I come back hopefully it'll be some dope animal in the ocean, I need my space.
If I come back hopefully it'll be some dope animal in the ocean, I need my space.
Well that’s the thing, you don’t know. Nobody can 100% know what happens.
I think the entire universe is wiped from reality and awaits my rebirth, but don't quote me on that...
Oops...
you go before Christ and our father in heaven and you will be judged for every deed you've done
I once read a story which I cannot remember in full, but I think it sounds. The gist of the story is that every living person is the same soul, just reincarnated into another lifetime, and that we live as both the most tyrannical dictator and the people they persecute. We continue to be reincarnated until we have experienced all that can be, and then we transcend, though to what it doesn't say.
I like this version of the afterlife because it combines reincarnation, old tribal spirituality, and more modern thought like energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only transferred.
But Zxboltyx is right when they say no one can 100% know. Perhaps that is why it is fun to speculate.
I like this version of the afterlife because it combines reincarnation, old tribal spirituality, and more modern thought like energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only transferred.
But Zxboltyx is right when they say no one can 100% know. Perhaps that is why it is fun to speculate.
You will meet Jesus and answer for your sins. Seek him now, through the Holy Spirit and God's word found in the bible.
I read a post years ago about a guy who described his experience having come close to death, always stuck with me
Basically, he had attempted suicide by getting drunk and taking a ton of barbiturates. He fell unconscious to the floor where he was later found and rushed to the hospital. One interesting aspect of his experience was that he described no notable experience in the moments that followed. He described no light and no flashbacks. As matter of fact, he commented that had he succeeded, the following moment of agony in the hospital bed would have never come and he wouldn't have been any the wiser. The only reason he could recollect a moment before he passed out, was because he lived to remember.
To quote The Sopranos "You probably don't even hear it when it happens, right?"
Basically, he had attempted suicide by getting drunk and taking a ton of barbiturates. He fell unconscious to the floor where he was later found and rushed to the hospital. One interesting aspect of his experience was that he described no notable experience in the moments that followed. He described no light and no flashbacks. As matter of fact, he commented that had he succeeded, the following moment of agony in the hospital bed would have never come and he wouldn't have been any the wiser. The only reason he could recollect a moment before he passed out, was because he lived to remember.
To quote The Sopranos "You probably don't even hear it when it happens, right?"
Well we tested it a few million times now, for some reason our test subjects always come back unresponsive. Further testing is needed until a conclusion can be reached on this matter.
Unlikely.
All of the available evidence suggests that your biological functions cease and you slowly begin to putrefy as your cells break down and various internal gasses are released.
Further investigation into more spiritual matters have concluded that there's no such thing as a human "soul" that persists after death and various religious concepts of that "soul" entering a parallel dimension to meet with an "invisible superhero who lives in outer space" to be totally without foundation.
Further investigation into more spiritual matters have concluded that there's no such thing as a human "soul" that persists after death and various religious concepts of that "soul" entering a parallel dimension to meet with an "invisible superhero who lives in outer space" to be totally without foundation.