Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

The fallen bridge

Started by DedeSiregar [2430598] on in General Non-related.

13 replies · 120 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
9
Authority score
19 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100
DedeSiregar [2430598]
The story that will show you what you value the most in life. Bear with me if you have heard the story and I forgot the details.

Once upon a time there were lovers. Anna and Anton. They loved each other deeply even though they lived in different villages. Every week they will meet in the middle of the bridge.

One day the flood happened in Anton village. The bridge that connects them broke down.

Anna was devastated. She tried to find news about Anton but there was no possible way to reach out to him. So she decided to cross the river by boat and visited him.

She met the boat owner Robby and asked him to help her cross the bridge. The boat owner said "20 GC (gold coins)". Anna told him that she didn't have that kind of money. Robby then told her that he would help her to cross the bridge if she paid him or if she would sleep with him. For Robby it was important for his service to gain some values.

Because Anna was really worried about her sweetheart, she agreed to sleep with Robby. And after that they sailed and crossed the river to meet Anton.

After she met Anton, she told him everything. Crushed by her betrayal, Anton broke up with her. Anna pleaded and begged. She explained she couldn't raise enough money and she was worried. But Anton did not care. For him, what she did was betrayal and nothing could justify it.

Heart broken by Anton behaviour, Anna decided to commit suicide. While she was about to jump into the wild river, a man saved him. His name was Ryan.

He asked her what made her want to end her life. With teary eyes Anna told the whole story and how her life had no future anymore because she was no longer a virgin. Ryan pitied her and told her "to defend your honour, let me take you as my wife". And then they got married.

Anna, Robby, Anton, and Ryan. Sort them out from the most to least relatable / understandable for you. It will represent what you value the most to the least.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Ps: people bullied me before because of my answer so no need to explain it below. You may answer it quietly. Do tell me the accuracy tho. I found very accurate.

Also please not to judge others with their answers. The life needs all kinds of people to find its balance. Yin and yang remember?

Anyway, Anna means we value our love or our feelings to our loved ones morethan anything.
Robby means we value logic, career and rationality above all.
Anton means we value morality above all. Right and wrong above all.
Ryan means we value compassion towards others morethan anything.
Sethimothy [2197917]
I choose the fifth answer - Ana (only one N), who will hijack this thread and make it about her. This means we value shitposting over all.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Ofc they all can be wrong or right because each value has itsown light and darkside of it. Hence there is no right wrong answer in it.

Our feelings for our loved ones can make us dumb and do evil stuffs. IE people who do crime to provide their family. For this people, they will rather watch the world burn than to see their loved ones hurt.

The worst case of people with high compassion I have seen was when my boyfriend actually sold our car to help other people. It never crossed his mind I would be furious. Compassion sounds good but in the end can really hurt your inner circle. Because for them the true testament for their kindness is by showing it to underserving people. Even when it will sacrifice theur loved ones.

Well it's obvious how damaging it is when our love for our job or money get in the way our love for humans even ourself. Yes even to ourself. Worst case I have witnessed was me actually. I was so ambitious to work few jobs, in the end I got lung disease.

And morality worst case will be religious suicide bombers.
ElHeffe [2564022]
For my the real question is why did you write "20 GC (gold coins)"?

Gold coins never featured in the story again, so why abbreviate it, only to then explain what the abbreviation meant.

Why not write "20 gold coins"?

It makes no sense.
EverleighRaven [2949890]
I can relate to Anna the most-like I would be desperate enough to do the same sorta thing if I was separated from my loved ones, and desperate enough to want to be with them and make sure that they are okay. If I had to sacrifice something that was very important to me (in this case, my own virginity) to be with my loved ones and to make sure that they are safe and ok from the disaster, only for them to completed misunderstand my intentions and why I did what I did, which is to be with them, I would obviously feel very hurt and, maybe not to the point to actually want to commit suicide, but I understand why she would want to jump off the bridge because she is in such an awful mental state. The next person on the list is Ryan because I honestly do not understand what he is trying to do to marry Anna , and I do not understand why that would mean anything, or what problem he is trying to solve here. Anna is already not a virgin anymore, and getting married to a person she doesn't even love might change the other people's perception of Anna being an unmarried virgin, but other than that, it would not really solve any of their problems. But I put him second on the list because he did saved Anna from committing suicide, which is a really good thing, and if I was there, I would've done the same thing. Next on the list is Anton because he let his emotions of betrayal get the better of him and prevent him from seeing the whole situation or being able to think about it logically, which is that she is desperate to be reunited with him and to see that he is okay, and another man took advantage her and that desperation. The person I least empathize with is Robby, because he took advantage of Anna at her most vulnerable and desperate times for his own gain (20 gold coins is an insane amount of money for 1 boat ride), instead of doing what he could to help her reunite with her loved one, and it could be argued that he coerced Anna into having sex with him to some extent.

tl:dr Anna, then Ryan, then Anton, then Robby