Hey, so I'm new to CS. So obviously haven't got years of wisdom ingrained in me ... any tips ?
About this thread
Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 15
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 10
- Likes on archived posts
- 8
- Authority score
- 8 / 100
- Historical score
- 16 / 100
- Story score
- 32 / 100
- Engagement score
- 54 / 100
Strange post when there are tons of YouTube and written tutorials but I'll bite
My elo is low but the theory is easy
- Aim at head high
- Don't run & gun
- Pre-fire common holding spots
- Learn important smoke line-ups (window, jungle &con, ct on A and B window or door mirage... long & short A, ct and coffins B inferno... long & short on ancient etc)
- Avoid using smgs and shotguns at long distance (shotguns are broken rn cuz they kill from afar)
- Don't be the annoying lurker with the timings all wrong that ends up being last, far from the action
- Learn how to trade, mate goes in and dies you show up right after and kill the enemy
- don't buy the deagle, you're not that good yet. Stick to a p250 or five seven for spam kills
- Follow the economy, save when you need to save, buy when you need to buy. Sometimes your teammates will be thick as shit and buy...
- 1v3 with no time to defuse? 2v4 without info? Impossible win scenario? Just save the equipment
- Communicate clearly, 2B apps. 1 short. Smokes A. Rush B. Donut low. Awp on site. etc
- Shoulder peek for info, wide peek to get advantages peeking an awp holding
- play with height, if an enemy holds a headshot angle you can climb onto a ledge to make his first bullet inaccurate
- don't buy grenades if you don't know how to use them. Smokes are ok for quick plants and noob cover
- Mute any idiots
- use smokes in your favour, play in their edges
- hold uncommon angles to avoid being prefired
- rushing into site and you're alone? Get into a hard angle to clear, play off of obstacles, throw your smoke near you to give you more time...
- taking site, and you're not that close and everyone else is behind? hold from afar let everyone get closer, don't go in alone
- in a defuse situation, learn who has a kit and communicate that. X has kit, defuse.
- when defusing against time with a teammate and the T is hide-holding, you need to hold an angle closer to the T so that T has to kill you first to get to your teammate or give him cover by putting yourself in front of the defuse
- be a rat
My elo is low but the theory is easy
- Aim at head high
- Don't run & gun
- Pre-fire common holding spots
- Learn important smoke line-ups (window, jungle &con, ct on A and B window or door mirage... long & short A, ct and coffins B inferno... long & short on ancient etc)
- Avoid using smgs and shotguns at long distance (shotguns are broken rn cuz they kill from afar)
- Don't be the annoying lurker with the timings all wrong that ends up being last, far from the action
- Learn how to trade, mate goes in and dies you show up right after and kill the enemy
- don't buy the deagle, you're not that good yet. Stick to a p250 or five seven for spam kills
- Follow the economy, save when you need to save, buy when you need to buy. Sometimes your teammates will be thick as shit and buy...
- 1v3 with no time to defuse? 2v4 without info? Impossible win scenario? Just save the equipment
- Communicate clearly, 2B apps. 1 short. Smokes A. Rush B. Donut low. Awp on site. etc
- Shoulder peek for info, wide peek to get advantages peeking an awp holding
- play with height, if an enemy holds a headshot angle you can climb onto a ledge to make his first bullet inaccurate
- don't buy grenades if you don't know how to use them. Smokes are ok for quick plants and noob cover
- Mute any idiots
- use smokes in your favour, play in their edges
- hold uncommon angles to avoid being prefired
- rushing into site and you're alone? Get into a hard angle to clear, play off of obstacles, throw your smoke near you to give you more time...
- taking site, and you're not that close and everyone else is behind? hold from afar let everyone get closer, don't go in alone
- in a defuse situation, learn who has a kit and communicate that. X has kit, defuse.
- when defusing against time with a teammate and the T is hide-holding, you need to hold an angle closer to the T so that T has to kill you first to get to your teammate or give him cover by putting yourself in front of the defuse
- be a rat
I know this isn't a thing said by many ... I don't really use youtube. It also wouldn't give me a real person's opinion or advice, probably just the same old garbage repeated by 'guides' & 'pros'.
So far I've been playing a fair amount of Dust so that I can get used to playing on the same map. 1st couple of games I was definitely the too slow lurker as I normally play Sentinel characters on Valorant but I've been changing that up and already seen improvement. Glad it's seen as ok to not buy grenades if you don't have a clue because let's face it I've only been playing a couple days.
I guess learning the actual callouts is something I should do next as I've mainly just been describing things & I've only been shouted at in russian once for holding a ratty corner.
I appreciate the sceptical response, I much prefer to hear from a real person.
So far I've been playing a fair amount of Dust so that I can get used to playing on the same map. 1st couple of games I was definitely the too slow lurker as I normally play Sentinel characters on Valorant but I've been changing that up and already seen improvement. Glad it's seen as ok to not buy grenades if you don't have a clue because let's face it I've only been playing a couple days.
I guess learning the actual callouts is something I should do next as I've mainly just been describing things & I've only been shouted at in russian once for holding a ratty corner.
I appreciate the sceptical response, I much prefer to hear from a real person.
Callouts is a good shout, I wouldn't worry in knowing all right away.
Also something I did a lot. Whenever there was that warm up phase, I'd be learning smokes through csgonades.net or something. You need to bring up your steam browser and you can do it whilst playing.
Learning 1 or 2 smokes per warm up, rewatch a couple of times throughout the day, and it sticks.
Also something I did a lot. Whenever there was that warm up phase, I'd be learning smokes through csgonades.net or something. You need to bring up your steam browser and you can do it whilst playing.
Learning 1 or 2 smokes per warm up, rewatch a couple of times throughout the day, and it sticks.
I totally thought you meant Cities: Skylines 2 and now I'm sad :(
Sorry Bud, not quite my type of game.
- Mute any idiots
That's what I always do. Don't waste your energy with them. :)
My advice is find some players to play together for fun, to win. You make friends and lose nothing but your rank. XD
That's what I always do. Don't waste your energy with them. :)
My advice is find some players to play together for fun, to win. You make friends and lose nothing but your rank. XD
Uninstall it.
Bring back CS:GO. CS2 is shit
Bring back CS:GO. CS2 is shit
Buy many skins and look pretty, get complimented by all the randoms lmao
Cities Skylines was good. Cities Skylines 2 should be amazing.
Wait... wrong game...
Wait... wrong game...
What if the tip is the whole thing?
Asking for a friend.....
Asking for a friend.....
Opps. Misread. Irrelevant now lol
Run and go is OP, spraying isn't as solid as before, tapping is more prominent, holding angles/off angles for the most part is a good way to get killed due to peekers advantage being key now. Call USEFUL info, don't go "f**k sake man how did he kill me" then say "1 a main"..
How so ?
I never played GO so I wouldn't know any difference.
I never played GO so I wouldn't know any difference.
Well then that makes you an ' all or nothing ' kind of guy.