Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chat settings reset

Started by StJohn [2683506] on in Bugs & Issues.

27 replies · 709 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 28 / 28 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
28
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
53 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

StJohn [2683506]
Every time i close chat settings it does not save any changes. On chrome mobile.
Resets if exit box or hit the back arrow.
Pasqi [2733993]
Hey adding onto this post:

About an hour and a half ago, I was able to disable trade, jail/hosp and global without issues.
Since then I have tried to re-enable global, and like others above it will not take the change.

I am on Chrome Version 118.0.5993.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Win 10 Pro

Same behavior with and without TornTools
Wodenson [2666184]
I am experiencing the same issues on PC, trying to change the notifications to "flash notifier" but it doesn't keep those settings. Height and width changes do save.

It makes no difference if I press the arrow on the left of the settings or the x button. I've also tried disabling Torn Tools, but makes no difference.

Chrome - Version 118.0.5993.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Edit: Just tried on my mobile too, with the same result
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
To confirm, this was working correctly upon release. However we had to patch a critical bug, which broke this functionality. Unfortunately, it is not an option to revert the fix for the critical bug. We will be making this a priority to be fixed ASAP.

Thanks!
KingRocker [3050342]
Same. Glad it's a priority fix. I can't effectively use chat as it's made the chat tabs to small for my fat fingers to accurately click.
Lady_Face [679926]
unable to disable global and trade chats and cloudjumper referred me to some race chat thread that had nothing to do with my problem. Now none of of my chats are working at all.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
We have released a fix for this issue, the team is currently testing this as well. But I think the changes should be available to players already.

Thanks!