Im looking for advise for run
Advice for running
Started by locoi [3060323] on in Health & Fitness.
About this thread
Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 7
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 4
- Authority score
- 21 / 100
- Historical score
- 20 / 100
- Story score
- 37 / 100
- Engagement score
- 47 / 100
Just Run. Seriously. It sounds dumb but just start by going for a run. Comfy shoes, dont push yourself initially, just ease yourself in and find a pace you can maintain consitently.
Dont run every day, let your body adjust to the pressure you are putting on it then build from there.
Strava is a good app for tracking progress but I personally find it really toxic. I compare myself to others and it takes away from the benefits of running that I love like better mental health for example. Also if I dont beat a time then I feel really shit when in reality, the fact you went for a run and moved is a massive win in itself.
I have only just fallen back in love with running again after a long while where I was just lifting weights. Running is the best thing for my mental health I find.
Also... On the days you Reaaaaally dont wanna go for a run.. thats the day you need to run!
Good luck
Dont run every day, let your body adjust to the pressure you are putting on it then build from there.
Strava is a good app for tracking progress but I personally find it really toxic. I compare myself to others and it takes away from the benefits of running that I love like better mental health for example. Also if I dont beat a time then I feel really shit when in reality, the fact you went for a run and moved is a massive win in itself.
I have only just fallen back in love with running again after a long while where I was just lifting weights. Running is the best thing for my mental health I find.
Also... On the days you Reaaaaally dont wanna go for a run.. thats the day you need to run!
Good luck
I advise joining some sort of running group to encourage and push you. I also think that occasionally doing running events like a 5k or a 10k can motivate you to try to get faster.
try the walk/run approach.. basically, just walk and then run in short bursts right up until it feels uncomfortable. Then walk-run again repeat until you're done with the workout.
I run haha lol.
If you can afford it, go to race events. If you cant afford it, volunteer.