Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chat Issues - Multiple

Started by RagingRaptor [1522277] on in Bugs & Issues.

7 replies · 84 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
6
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
48 / 100

Most-liked replies

RagingRaptor [1522277]
I'm currently posting this with TornTools enabled.

I see there are a few threads but as I've got multiple issues with chat I figured it was easier to put them all together in one post (hopefully for ease).

1 - Consant green bubble with a number in. I assume this is meant to mean new messages but there are none and the bubble won't go, the number inside it just seems to slowly increase.
2 - 'Met' tab - I click on this and torn dies. I have to close the browser as it freezes and I can't even move on the page.
3 - Chats popping up with no message, the message comes a while after.
4 - When you open the message tab, under 'people' a chat can have a new message, yet when I open the actual chat, the message hasn't loaded so I can't read it all and have to wait for that chat to 'catch up'
5 - 'Connecting to the sever...' I get this a good 90% of the time, I don't even bother looking at faction chat anymore as it's so rare I can type.
6 - Resizing chat issue (See comment below from Roweena)
7 - Links aren't clickable
Roweena [2338543]
Came here to post all of above.

On mobile browser, TT enabled. Haven't had any of these issues yday, but all morning today I've been struggling with all points noted by OP

Occasionally the chat disappears entirely and I only have the notes button

Ooh and 6. Resizing chat window is constantly being reset to default size. I've increased the height and width several times today and it's now back to default size again
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
All of your issues have already been reported by other players. I have linked all the confirmed reports associated with the issues next to your pointers.

1 - Consant green bubble with a number in. I assume this is meant to mean new messages but there are none and the bubble won't go, the number inside it just seems to slowly increase. - Confirmed report + Confirmed report
2 - 'Met' tab - I click on this and torn dies. I have to close the browser as it freezes and I can't even move on the page. - Confirmed report
3 - Chats popping up with no message, the message comes a while after. - Confirmed report
4 - When you open the message tab, under 'people' a chat can have a new message, yet when I open the actual chat, the message hasn't loaded so I can't read it all and have to wait for that chat to 'catch up' - Confirmed report + Confirmed report
5 - 'Connecting to the sever...' I get this a good 90% of the time, I don't even bother looking at faction chat anymore as it's so rare I can type. - Confirmed report
6 - Resizing chat issue (See comment below from Roweena) - Confirmed report
7 - Links aren't clickable - Confirmed report

Thanks!

Mentions: [Chat 2.0] messages missing · Chat 2.0 - Clicky links · Chat 2.0 / People / Met unresponsive · Chat 2.0 size resets when visiting raceway · Chat cant click in text box (Connecting to server) · Chat messages don't always show up?