Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

'Dear WarBirds and WarNest' 2: Electric Boogaloo

Started by BrotherPigeon [584064] on in Faction Discussion.

17 replies · 756 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
16
Likes on archived posts
145
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

Most-liked replies

BrotherPigeon [584064]
As many of you may have noticed regardless of if you care or not, WarBirds lost their 100k chain attempt (F in chat). I won't go into the details as to how or who (mostly because I don't know them nor do I care to but also because that's still in discussion). For context, I am not an OG WarBird but merely a guest within the faction who was looking to achieve the 100k merit.

So, to all WarBirds/Nest members reading this:

The way you and your factionmates have conducted themselves in the eyes of guests like myself has been outstanding. Even when the chain dropped, the responses made it clear that you are a family. No immediate public blame and shame, no open frustration, just class and comfort and celebration of what was achieved. When the original "Dear WarBirds..." forum post went up, it didn't even phase you. The relentless bounties didn't slow you down, like water off of a ducks back. I have nothing but respect for the Warbirds name at this point, and I can't pretend I'm not upset that we didn't get it but that upset pales in comparison to how welcome I've felt and how great the atmosphere here has been from my outsiders perspective.

I've sang your praises in the halls of my faction Discord and to various friendly factions beyond, and invariably I've heard nothing but good things in return, even from ex-opponents who can only advise that if you're going to mess with the WarBirds family you better come prepared for that smoke!

The next time you go for it I really hope I'll be welcomed back, stronger than before and more able too. I never managed to get Dark Power this Halloween so my hits could've been and will be in future vastly increased. The 100k will come, without doubt, and probably sooner rather than later. And after that? World Domination.

Thank you for having me and when I return to my home faction shortly, know that I return with my head and spirits high and with friendships made. No hard feelings about the missed merit and don't lose what you've got.

I will be back!

And to all non-birds out there reading this, I cannot recommend this faction enough, and if you're gonna cross them then I give you some free pieces of advice:

Don't mess with the nest. Fear the glockatoo. There's a reason they call it a murder. QUACK.
BrotherPigeon [584064]
Not being an asshole but I didn't

Nah, you're right, I could have. But I also wanted to invite the public to take their shots or sing their praises. Any discussion is good discussion* and these birds deserve some recognition - and nobody is forced to read anything they don't want to!

*unless D3vl is involved since we already have that thread x1,000
DasLewis [2524294]
Nest and its Warbirds subfaction have been a great place to stay for my entire time in Torn. Never had anything bad happen, no big disputes or problems. Just a lot of very fun people enjoying not only the game but each others' company. I hope other factions are like this as well but I won't be the one to find that out!
Potoo [2331704] Reporter
was great having you BrotherPigeon <3

also it was 100% my fault chain broke and i deserve a spanking.
ChickadeeV [2643923]
By relentless bounties I hope you dont mean the 5 hours I was rage bountying till 3am on my own, cos, that was one evening.

Also as much as I personally don't like warbirds the 100k chain is a slog and it's a damn hard effort so props for the try. Goodluck with your next attempt, let's hope theres not cause for more 'relentless' bountying
BrotherPigeon [584064]
As great as they are, I have my own faction that needs me who I love even more. WarBirds are already massive and established, my own family are much newer players and helping them to progress in the game is far more what I'm about, even if I will miss the perks! Besides, most of the reason I love WarBirds over any other HoF faction is who they are - that remains the same whether I'm there or not. Friends made aren't locked to faction choice after all!